CPU/case question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU/case question.

I finished my Athlon 64 x2 system with a Geforce 7800 GTX, and I finished buiding it, and it runs smooth, but I have two questions.

I have a case with two intake fans, and one exhaust fan, and a 120 mm on my PSU(Neopower 480). Is this case going to be okay ? I'm having second thoughts

I mentioned my conceren about the GPU temp, but I am also a bit concered about my x2 temp. According to the temperature monitor in the BIOS, it is about 37 degrees, while the temperature monitoring software that is provided by the manufacturer, the CPU temp is 33. Which is right? I'm really worried about damaging stuff. When I installed the HSF, I placed it on the CPU, and then I thought I made a mistake, so I took it off and re did it. Should I have replaced the thermal compound? I'm not sure if I accidentally touched it or not.

I am I obsessing too much over these things? Should I just chill out, and see how it runs?

Re: CPU/case question.

33 or 37 is an ok temperature to be running at. No worries.

Comment

I would say trust your Bios reading, but either way he's right, that is a standard good temp.

Comment

My comp runs right about there. Maybe a little higher after a couple hours of gaming.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
          33 or 37 is an ok temperature to be running at. No worries.
          He who has the boss's baby pic as an avatar is correct. Your temps are good to go.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

first of all calm down...go out side and take a nice walk...i do how ever completly understand what you are thinking....personally i look at what my bios says....rather prepare for hotter and not need it....you should be fine for fans..

when you take your temps is the side panel open or closed.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

So I probably didn't mess up the thermal paste?

Comment

nah dont worry about it..aslong as its there you are fine..
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  nah dont worry about it..aslong as its there you are fine..

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Problem with TT IMO is that their cases look like aluminum cat vomit. I like the nice, clean look of a Lian-Li. I do have a pair of lighted 120mm fans from TT and they are decent. Not all that quiet but quiet enough.

---

Comment

The Number of fans isn't as important as the flow. I bought a thermaltake (sp?) case for this reason. They follow the flow of air. You can cool a case with just 2 fans no matter what the size CPU if you get the flow right.
                      Kemotaha

Comment

Yeah, and chances are that if you really biffed up the thermal paste or the seating of the heatsink, it would go fizz-pop rather quickly, so you are just fine.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

So I should just quit worrying, then. I think I may be a bit over obsessive. With two in and one out, I shouldn't fry anything, right.

*although, I have been getting motherboard beeps during F.E.A.R. I haven't had any graphical aritfacting or reboots, though.

Comment

What should a temp warning beep from the mobo sound like? I'm getting a little *beep*.

Comment

Yep.. a little 'beep' could be it.. temp thresholds my be too shallow.. might bump them up a little if you are running in a decent range.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X