Win 2000 start menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2000 start menu

Without me changing any settings, my start menu has started hiding rarely used items. Is there a setting that allows me to go back to viewing the entire list?
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Win 2000 start menu

yah upgrade to xp.....lol....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      yah upgrade to xp.....lol....
      I think my views on xpvirus are pretty well known.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i know it was just a joke.....i think if you go into your start menus properties and look there it has an option to do what it is doing....
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I'm still using one win2000 comp, i believe you can drag them into the start menu place, but they will automatically disapear if they havent been used. I think it selects the top few most used items and adds them to the list for you. Try: www.annoyances.org and search your question. That site is the motherload of windows answers and tweak guides. Hope that helps ya, Root.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            .i think if you go into your start menus properties and look there it has an option to do what it is doing....
            Would you know what the option is called?

Edit : Nevermind. Start > Settings > Taskbar > uncheck Personalised menus
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Reminds me of getting bitten the other day on XP Pro from the desktop cleanup wizard. I was borrowing another user's system to check a new WAP's signal strength and the nag balloon to clean up the desktop popped up. I opted to let it do so, figuring it would clean up my shortcuts. But it also cleaned up all the shortcuts from Any User and put them in my Unused Shortcuts folder. The regular user logged in the next morning and all the stuff he uses regularly was missing!
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                Reminds me of getting bitten the other day on XP Pro from the desktop cleanup wizard. I was borrowing another user's system to check a new WAP's signal strength and the nag balloon to clean up the desktop popped up. I opted to let it do so, figuring it would clean up my shortcuts. But it also cleaned up all the shortcuts from Any User and put them in my Unused Shortcuts folder. The regular user logged in the next morning and all the stuff he uses regularly was missing!
                I used to hang monkey's like you by their toes! Man i hated when someone used my computer and OK'd something on it before asking me :P

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X