Computer turn-on via keyboard question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer turn-on via keyboard question

I currently have a motherboard (GIGABYTE) that allows me to power on the computer by a press of the keyboard (serial).

However, I want to purchase a keyboard like this (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10717) that uses USB. I suspect that keyboard power-on will not work with a USB keyboard since the keyboard will not receive power when the computer is off.

Anybody have experience with systems like this?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Computer turn-on via keyboard question

I also have a Gigabyte board that supports that feature, but I've never used it and it was turned off in my BIOS.

I just tested it out with my USB mice - Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Wireless and a Razer Diamondback. I set the power-on option to double-click but the computer would not turn on with either mouse. I don't have a USB keyboard to test it with. Just a data point to help out.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed