Website Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Update

I was wondering if there is a way to tell from a browser when a website has been updated? I know if you right click a page in IE and go to properties it gives a created and modified date but I'm not sure if that is when the site was updated or not.

Thanks
    I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Re: Website Update

not sure but I believe that just shows when the page was cached locally on your machine.

I think the only way to tell when it was updated is to see if the page has any remarks in it's code or anything published on the site itself stating it was updated.

I may be wrong though.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Re: Website Update

There's no authoritative way, but the timestamp in the header, if honest, will tell you. That timestamp is intended to facilitate caching. The client downloads just the header, and if the timestamp is later than what's in the cache, it downloads the full document.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X