Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv Tuner

Hey, :row__540:
    I thought the other day that sense my TV is only a 14 inch, and my monitor is 21. Why don't i use my monitor as a TV. I decided to buy a TV Tuner, but I really have no idea what brand to get or what I'm looking for.
    I'd like to be able to record TV, through TV Cable wire, and also be able to hook up a ps2 or xbox, to the tuner. The more different types of input the better. Id also like to have it all DVD Quality, and Not sound horrible or have bad reception.
    Please Help me out,
    Thanks

Re: Tv Tuner

Happuage is a good brand. I think it'll run you about $150 USD.

---

Comment

I just got an ATI Wonder Pro today for $49.99 after rebates. It does everything that you want. I love it, it will help to save alot of space in my dorm room because I won't have to have a TV, just my computer.

Comment

Does your's ever skip frames when recording? Do you have Any cons whith it?

Comment

Haven't tried recording yet, and no.

Comment

I've got a hauppauge pvr150 that I use to record shows off basic cable. I had some skipping problems when I tried to record while playing BF2 but after fixing my audio drivers I'm able to record while playing games at the same time. As far as using a tv tuner for console game systems, I don't think it's a good solution since you'll get a few milliseconds of delay that you don't get from a tv. Check to see if your monitor has a way to directly connect a game system. Maybe component input or something.

Comment

Saw this on SlashDot today:

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.../12/22/0123210

The nasty thing is that they could outlaw tuners and capture cards. (They almost did this to HD capture cards with the broadcast flag.)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I've got a hauppauge myself.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ight=hauppauge
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                  Saw this on SlashDot today:

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.../12/22/0123210

The nasty thing is that they could outlaw tuners and capture cards. (They almost did this to HD capture cards with the broadcast flag.)
                  well i better buy one fast then :icon20:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X