Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monitor Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monitor Recommendations

    Hey TGers, I'm looking for some recommendations for monitors. I recently finished a build and have gotten a good deal of it paid off to where I can get a monitor (or 2 or 3) to match its performance. I'm not too picky on brands l, although I have typically stuck to ASUS in the past. I have heard a lot about the BenQ and would love to hear some feedback from any users.

    Here's a basic list of what I am looking for:

    -27-35" ( any bigger displays and they won"t fit in my room, and I'm not wanting anything smaller than 27")
    -2K resolution (I'm not buying into the 4K until they get higher than 60Hz refresh rates).
    -100Hz refresh rate or higher (if 27" I would like 144Hz or higher)
    -G-Sync capabilities (luxury, but not required)

    Here are a few that I am looking at right now.
    Acer Predator Z35. My main issue is the lower resolution in relation to its size. I see a lot of 32"+ that get 34401440, but this one only runs in at 25601080. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A0FEBXQ...PPTEFCVR&psc=1

    ASUS ROG Swift 34". Not really any complaints from me other than the substantial price. Understandably I could easily get 2 or 3 27" monitors (being they don't have G-Sync) for the same or less.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C83BE6U..._t1_B016GNX4SE

    ASUS ROG Swift 27". Again not really any complaints. I can get 2 for about the same price as the 34" version. Higher refresh rate at a lower resolution.
    https://www.amazon.com/PG278Q-2560x1...f_rd_i=desktop

  • #2
    I just bought a ASUS ROG Swift 27 a couple weeks ago. So far it's been a very pleasant experience and i would recommend it. I didn't even consider larger than 27in due to space constraints on my desk. My 980ti seems to keep it at 144 when I run games in 1080p. If I switch up to 1440 it drops noticeable below 144.

    If you have any specific questions about it I'll be glad to answer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Noyava View Post
      I just bought a ASUS ROG Swift 27 a couple weeks ago. So far it's been a very pleasant experience and i would recommend it. I didn't even consider larger than 27in due to space constraints on my desk. My 980ti seems to keep it at 144 when I run games in 1080p. If I switch up to 1440 it drops noticeable below 144.

      If you have any specific questions about it I'll be glad to answer.
      I do have one about it. How wide is the frame around the sides? If I were to run 2-3, would you find it to be noticeable?

      Comment


      • #4
        The bezel is small, I've never actually measured it. I'll be back in front of it tomorrow morning and I can do that then. I recall noticing it was smaller than any monitor I'd had on my desk before. That said I've been using multi monitor setups for years and I've never found the bezel gap to be an issue at all. I guess if I was stretching the game image across screens I might care, but otherwise it's not something I'd concern myself with.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Noyava View Post
          The bezel is small, I've never actually measured it. I'll be back in front of it tomorrow morning and I can do that then. I recall noticing it was smaller than any monitor I'd had on my desk before. That said I've been using multi monitor setups for years and I've never found the bezel gap to be an issue at all. I guess if I was stretching the game image across screens I might care, but otherwise it's not something I'd concern myself with.
          Awesome, thanks for the input. I doubt it will be much of an issue as the only game I would be stretching across multiple screens is DCS. Which if I do go multi-monitor I will most likely do 3 to keep my HUD in the middle of a display. That particular ASUS in a 2-3 configuration has been a front runner for me since I started this build, but due to my current living space a larger single monitor has been a high option also.

          Comment


          • #6
            Here is a photo of the bezel next to a standard ballpoint pen (no. 2 pencil size), which I think gives a better feel for the size than any number I could throw at you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Noyava View Post
              Here is a photo of the bezel next to a standard ballpoint pen (no. 2 pencil size), which I think gives a better feel for the size than any number I could throw at you.
              Ok, so it's pretty thin. Well it appears that helps make up my mind, I'm probably going to get one 27" for now and get some more later on. Thanks for the response and help!

              Comment

              Connect

              Collapse

              TeamSpeak 3 Server

              Collapse

              Advertisement

              Collapse

              Twitter Feed

              Collapse

              Working...
              X