High Speed Internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Speed Internet

Hey Tech Guru's. I have some high speed questions. First let me explain my situation at the moment. I have had Roadruner Highspeed for along time & it has worked flawless & im probably going to keep it. Anyway i have moved to a new place & want to weigh my options, im going to research all these different options on the net but i want ur opinions also. First im curious about is this high speed over the satalite deal i just learned about this the other day, i think its called DYI. I have direct tv & saw it on one of the channels. The other options are Roadrunner Highspeed & DSL thru SBC. Any feed back would be real helpful. especially since i dont have high speed at the moment i need to make a decision soon because im having N/S withdralls. lol thx.

Re: High Speed Internet

I wouldn't go with the satallite internet. It won't work when the weather is bad and it's slower than cable or DSL. I think i would go with the Roadrunner.

---

Comment

Thx steel. Ya i figured the sat deal had to be slower, & i did'nt think about the weather deal ur right. I think im just going to stay with road runner. Only problem is ill have to crawl in the attic & run cable but no biggey. thx again.

Comment

I have DSL through SBC and I love it. Had it for 1 year and no problems yet. Plus, it's only $15 a month. :)

Downside is it's only 150 down/40 up.

O well, I still get a ping of 15 in the servers. :icon19:
        |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

DSL is usually great for games and crap for download, whereas cable tends to be crap for ping and great for downloads.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

It kind of depends on your local area though. I live in a smaller town outside of KC and have RoadRunner. I get rock solid 5000/384 and have a great ping for gaming as well as lightning fast downloads. Of course, that's because everyone else in my neighborhood has SBC. :)

Comment

Ya Ive been told the Roadrunner is a little faster then the DSL but i really dont know since ive never had DSL. With the roadrunner my ping has always been low. Sometimes in the teens on this server. I think im just going to go ahead & order the RR. Thx for the feed back gamers.

Comment

Avoid satellite for gaming. The issue is latency: It takes over 1/4 second for the signal to get from the ground to the satellite. So over one second (2 round trips) between when you pull the trigger and the server tells you that what you were aiming at is no longer there.

For DSL, you can't beat Speakeasy. Best ISP on the planet. They respect knowledgable customers, and have a reasonable server-friendly and Linux-friendly TOS. I wish I was close enough to my central office to get DSL at home, so I could get Speakeasy.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X