Television Recommendations Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Recommendations Please

I've been considering the Toshiba 30" HD ready or a Samsung 30" HD ready set. Then again it might be nice to have a Wega and put the dough into a surround sound system. I just want it for DVD/TV viewing, just considering getting into console gaming (Xbox) at this point. Any comments or opinions appreciated. Thanks!

dont get plasma, they're not worth it

Comment

I heard same about plasma. Not a long life and subject to problems is differetn altitudes. I'd vote WEGA though
      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I've got a 51" Sony Rear Projection and its picture is awsome.
        That said though I would like to get an LCD for the next tv I buy.

I like the LG 61" LCD.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I have a 54" Pioneer widescreen HDTV..

I would definitely do widescreen and certainly HD or HD-Ready. I have had no issues whatsoever with my Pioneer, but I like the picture quality of the Sony's better. There is one at the front of Circuit City near the office that was phenominal. I'll check the make/model next time i'm in there.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I was actually thinking 30" - 36" and under a grand U.S. As much as I would like a huge screen it probably won't be in the cards as my $40,000 renovation is still climbing out of control because of things that I want rather than things I can afford. :( Thanks for the comments though, I suspected HD was mandatory, not too sure about wide screen though.

Probably looking at something like this once the dust settles a bit...

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Product+Detail/Electronics.htm?CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=Elect ronics;Electronics;Televisions;Flat%20Screen;Toshi ba%2030HF83%20-%20TV%20-%20CRT%20-%2030"&CS_Catalog=Electronics&CS_RootCategory=Elec tronics&CS_Category=Flat%20Screen&CS_ProductID=060 8596&ProductTab=2

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
              I was actually thinking 30" - 36" and under a grand U.S. As much as I would like a huge screen it probably won't be in the cards as my $40,000 renovation is still climbing out of control because of things that I want rather than things I can afford. :( Thanks for the comments though, I suspected HD was mandatory, not too sure about wide screen though.

Probably looking at something like this once the dust settles a bit...

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Product+Detail/Electronics.htm?CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=Elect ronics;Electronics;Televisions;Flat%20Screen;Toshi ba%2030HF83%20-%20TV%20-%20CRT%20-%2030"&CS_Catalog=Electronics&CS_RootCategory=Elec tronics&CS_Category=Flat%20Screen&CS_ProductID=060 8596&ProductTab=2
              I couldn't get your url to work, but I like THIS ONE.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, so do I... The reason I chose this store in particular is because I can get cost+ on electronics but 3K, that's just too much TV for me baby. The difference in price is the new P4 3.0/1 gig/9800XT system I want to get :twisted:

Just curious and don't mind me for prying but...

..are you guys all rich or something? :D

Comment

Hehe.. Nope.. I worked on a project for my previous company in which we needed to buy this big HDTV widescreen thing. The contract with out client fully paid for the cost of it even though it was only used for a month and then left us with the ownership. I got the thing for under $1000 when we had paid almost $5k for it 6 weeks earlier.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah, so do I... The reason I chose this store in particular is because I can get cost+ on electronics but 3K, that's just too much TV for me baby. The difference in price is the new P4 3.0/1 gig/9800XT system I want to get :twisted:

Nah...I just go without food 3 out of 7 days a week... :D

Comment

Nope, but I buy a lottery ticket every week or so... So, someday I'm gonna be rich... Maybe...

Seriously, though, my wife and I use the dollar that we spend on the ticket as entertainment. We usually talk for about about an hour a week about what exactly we'd buy if we won various amounts of money. If we won just enough that we could do a one-time home renovation without really changing our lifestyle, the Sony Wega is on our list of must-haves.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                        dont get plasma, they're not worth it
                        They are made to last only 6 years...

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality

I couldn't get your url to work...
                          Toshiba 30HF83 - TheaterWide HD - TV - CRT - 30" is what I'm going to get, can pick it up for about CA$1200, looks like the most TV I can find anywhere for the money.

EDIT: So much for budgets, this is what I'm getting on Sunday.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-6460554-9871331?asin=B000093URN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X