Sound issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound issues.

Ok, since I'm tired of hearing "zomg, squeak turn down your speakers" whenever I use my mic, I'm asking for some help here.

For whatever reason, all in game sounds/music/fx are audible to other players when I use my voice com (I use headphones, and no, they aren't THAT loud).

My specs:
    MSI neo4 platinum with realtek 8.1 on board sound.

I use both the mic input and speaker output on my on board sound, and would really like to figure out a way of not having to buy a separate sound card. Ive googled everywhere, searched high and low, and still can't trace down to whats causing this.
    USAR

Re: Sound issues.

If you are using a headset then just turn down the speakers or turn them off. That way the sounds you talk about will not be picked up by your mic.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
      If you are using a headset then just turn down the speakers or turn them off. That way the sounds you talk about will not be picked up by your mic.
      It sounds like squeak isn't using speakers. The mic is picking up the sounds coming from the headset.

Sqeak, there might be some interference or the mic is just really sensitive. Have you tried adjusting the mic volume? Maybe try out speakers one time to see if there's interference in the headset wiring or if the mic is just really good at picking up background noise. Have you checked the sound control settings? Maybe the sound input is also getting sound directly from the output source along with whatever is coming in from the mic.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Check and see if there is a driver update for the audio. Also check that if your jacks are auto-sensing - that they are auto-sensing the right equipment.

I have frequently experiences I/O crossover with on-board audio for some reason.
        sigpic

Comment

Things that I have done: Updated to the latest drivers, tried different sound settings (this is beyond my understanding of what does what).

I need to be more clear. The physical mic is NOT picking up sound from my headphones. The hardware is playing all the sounds *I* hear through my voice com along with my voice. Believe me, Ive unplugged my headphones and used my mic and tested that theory out from the get go. I believe this is definitely a hardware issue, and might be solved with the sound settings being tinkered.

Its the weirdest, most annoying damn problem Ive had with a PC yet.
          USAR

Comment

OK - Thats just wierd. Sorry - can't offer much more than that.

Umm.. tried just plugging it to the other jacks? Just for giggles? Won't hurt anything to try. I end up doing it all the time because creative insists on using cryptic and impossible to see symbols on thier cards now.
            sigpic

Comment

Take a look at your recording settings in the windows volume control.

The recording source should be Microphone... my guess is it is currently set to "Record Master" or "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" or an equivalent.

This may be helpful: http://www.sagebrush.com/mixtech.htm
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Kormendi, that helps me understand alot... but still hasn't fixed my sound issues.

Ive turned down all the other recording devices, I cant think of anything else.
                USAR

Comment

Now you've got me worried... I recently purchased a Neo4 Platinum. I hope it doesnt give me trouble.

Comment

You still have the sales receipt I hope. Solid board all around, and love it except for a few things:

This sound issue.
                    Southbridge fan went out on me.
                    Some bio versions wouldnt let me shut down my pc (I had to revert back to out-of-box bio).
                    USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                      You still have the sales receipt I hope. Solid board all around, and love it except for a few things:

This sound issue.
                      Southbridge fan went out on me.
                      Some bio versions wouldnt let me shut down my pc (I had to revert back to out-of-box bio).
                      I dont even have it yet (waiting on shipping), but I will probably stick with it. It has eveything I am looking for.

Comment

squeak, can you reproduce this recording behavior outside of NS?
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I *think* it happens in BF2. I havn't noticed anyone complaining in TS, but then again I haven't really used TS.

I would play some more bf2, but I cant find a server that will give me the newest patch that downloads any faster then 7/1000000 K.
                          USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                            I would play some more bf2, but I cant find a server that will give me the newest patch that downloads any faster then 7/1000000 K.
                            You might want to try the TG supporting member downloads.

Comment

If it does happen outside of NS, and it's not a settings issue, it's probably an issue with the onboard sound, which would not surprise me in the least. Onboard sound mostly just sucks. A last ditch solution may be to go out and buy an audigy 2 ZS or other 3rd party sound card and use that.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X