password protectiong HTML

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password protectiong HTML

Hey, I am building myself a website and trying to get a Password login on my home page, to my forums.
    alot like Tg has. I have this code allready.

_____
    <td colspan="7" background="images/OrBic_15.gif" height="97">
    <div align="right">
    <table border="0" align="right" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="table3">
    <tr>
    <td width="51"><font color="#808080" size="1" face="Verdana">
    Login: </font></td>
    <td>
    <input type="text" name="T2" size="20" style="font-family: Verdana; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 8pt; border: 1px solid #02C7FF; background-image: url('images/form_bg.gif'); background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: center"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="51"><font size="1" face="Verdana" color="#808080">
    Password:</font><font color="#02C7FF" size="1" face="Verdana">&nbsp;
    </font></td>
    <td>
    <input type="password" name="T3" size="20" style="font-family: Verdana; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 8pt; border: 1px solid #02C7FF; background-image: url('images/form_bg.gif'); background-repeat: repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: center"></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>
    <input type="button" value="GO!" name="B4" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 8pt; color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #02C7FF; background: #003E55 url('images/form_bg.gif') center"></div>
    </td>
    <td height="97">
    </td>

what do i have to do to get it so i can have this on my homepage, and make it so i log in forums?

PLEASE HELP
    Sabooya~

Re: password protectiong HTML

You need a <form> tag in there somewhere... otherwise the inputs mean nothing.

And then, once you've done that, you need some kind of method of checking passwords and such. You might be able to feed it to the regular forum login script, but that script might also want hidden fields that come with its regular login page.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Sabooya, what resources did you find when you performed your Google search on this topic? Perhaps we could answer any questions you have after your first pass at self-education.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

You have forums setup, but the software doesn't have a way of authenticating users?

Or are you just trying to password protect a webpage?

Is this hosted on a "real" webhost, or something like Geocities?
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed