Acer laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer laptop

im looking to get a laptop and im looking at the Acer Aspire 5000 or a lower model.....has anyone bought one and if so whats your take and review of the Acer line of laptop.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Acer laptop

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
    im looking to get a laptop and im looking at the Acer Aspire 5000 or a lower model.....has anyone bought one and if so whats your take and review of the Acer line of laptop.

What are you doing with it?
    sigpic

Comment

i guess i should have stated that...just using it for school work and simple gaming....
      -Vulcan

Comment

It'll probably do ya just fine for that. Although, Acer is not used by us because we primarily utilize higher-end architectures and we feel the upper end stuff from Acer just doesn't produce the performance levels we use.

They put together a pretty good middle-range product though.

We've stuck with BOXX for our laptops - but they don't make a middle-range product at this time. There are also some Dell 9xxx series laptops here.. all of which do very, very well.
        sigpic

Comment

o i would agree dell has really stepped up there lines of PCs especially laptops...i just cant build one from Dell for the same price and specs.....im just looking for a good laptop to handle some college work and TG surfing...
          -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah, I would support that ACER is a good buy in that category.
            sigpic

Comment

I have a similar problem. Looking to buy a laptop in the next month, and wonder if anyone has used the Acer Ferrari 4002WLMi?

Its about the right price range (1000 pounds=about $1800) and apart from the over the top ferrari branding looks a good machine to me.

I will be using it as a general workhorse, using it for my university degree. Ideally I need the ability to at least run games in full DX9 mode, although frame rate is not so much of an issue, as I only need that feature in order to test code I'm developing for my course (Its a degree in Software Development for Games).

I have a nice desktop already (AMD64 3200, 2GB RAM, X800XT etc) so I know it won't be anywhere near as powerful as that, just curious what anyone else thinks.

I'm also tempted by an Apple iBook, as they are quite cheap and would be fun to use. However the lack of DX9 makes it a bit of a no go.

While I'm on the subject of laptops, does anyone have experience of them and Linux (I use Debian on an old pc I use as my gateway server)? Are there many driver issues with Acer laptops?

[at][unit]

Comment

I would skip the Ferrari until you get the chance to read the review at Tom's Hardware Guide..
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X