Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a Razer Copperhead and need some help with the drivers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a Razer Copperhead and need some help with the drivers...

As the title says I just bought a brand new Razer Copperhead with christmas money. This is my first gaming mouse and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with just how insane the sensitivity is. The problem is, right now it is only working on the drivers of my previous mouse. (A POS generic brand that I bought with the rest of my system. $10 for the mouse and keyboard combo. I also just got a saitek eclipse keyboard and now my entire rig glows blue. yay!) Anyway, I'm having a horrible time trying to get the CH to work on it's own drivers. Razer is being about as helpful as a pack of spastic ADHD kids in a field of land mines. The drivers on the disk are complete crap, especially the firmware which basically kills the laser in the mouse. Luckily I didn't try that version of firmware. The driver is ridiculously hard to uninstall. I have had to go through my reg keys twice now to completely delete it.

Currently the mouse works but damned I can program any of the buttons. The driver software also tells me that no mouse is detected. If anyone has any ideas I could use the help. If you need to know something, just ask.

Re: Just got a Razer Copperhead and need some help with the drivers...

Have you downloaded the latest drivers? I have the Diamond back and before I installed it I got the new drivers. Seems the one you need are there also. Try downloading them and installing.

http://www.razerzone.com/

Make sure you read this on the download page: To update the firmware, please follow these instructions carefully!

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Yeah i did that. Unfortunately I screwed up installing the firmware the first time because I had a hard time navigating the menus without a mouse.

It seems when you first install the firmware Windows pops up an install drivers window and thats what I had problems with. Now I've gone back and tried again but now it doesn't give me that window and I can't install the correct firmware now. I think my mouse is now stuck with no firmware what so ever. Without some kind of firmware allready on it, it won't update. :(

Comment

Before I install new drivers I use Driver Cleaner first.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-6505.html

You might want to try that first and reinstall.

Comment

thanks for the help bubba. I used driver cleaner but I don't think it did anything. I did fix it on my own though. To do so I uninstalled razer, rebooted, uninstalled my windows mouse driver, reinstalled razer, rebooted, and then everything works! I'm doing the same dance your avatar is doing! Now I just have to get used to just how damn great this mouse is!

Comment

You are going to love it. I like my Diamondback. It is really great at gaming.

Comment

Yeah, my Diamondback has been excellent. Once you get used to the higher sensitivity you'll never be able to use another mouse for gaming.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X