Need help with new mobo issue!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with new mobo issue!!

I recently baught a new mobo and cpu - ( AMD Sempron 3300+ ), When i went to fit the mobo ( first time id fitted a mobo ) i realised that there was 1 wire without anywhere to go, so i took it down to the shop where i baught the mobo and cpu and asked them to havea look and see how i can fix this, And what he said is that the cables are the power, reset e.t.c switch cables and without them the pc wont be able to turn on, on this board i just baught apprently the pins from my old board are diffrent from this 1, he suggested that i buy an adapter that i can connect to these pins and connect the wires into the adapter so that it would work, but thats all he told me, i asked him if he knew where i could buy an adapter of that kind and he said he had no idea ( a guy working in a computer upgrading, building, servicing shop ) so basiclly im stuck, Im not sure if anyone knows what i mean but i really need to find out what this adapter is and where to get it if possible heres the new motherboard i just baught -

Asus X Series Motherboard K8V-MX.

If you have any question or would like some pictures ask away.

Greets craig.
    Abehep

Re: Need help with new mobo issue!!

What case is this new motherboard in? Most cases these days are pretty standardized in the wires that they provide.. Colors or something may be different, but they should all work about the same. Some pictures and a description of what exactly the problem is (computer won't turn on I guess?) would be helpful in trying to help you...
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Ok ill gather a few pics up , i havnt actually fitted the new board yet, but i cant fit it due to the pins of the power and reset buttons, the case is a standard hp case.
      Abehep

Comment

Sorry about the quality only functioning cam i have is the webcam, i cant take a pic of the connecter on the case because i need the computer to function the cam.
        Abehep

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
          Ok ill gather a few pics up , i havnt actually fitted the new board yet, but i cant fit it due to the pins of the power and reset buttons, the case is a standard hp case.
          Ahhh.. HP standards may not be the same as rest-of-the-world standards ;) Sounds like that's what you are seeing.

It was really all the connectors from the case that I wanted to see because I can find pictures of the motherboard online. What model HP? Maybe I can look up its manual online.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
            http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7079/666tb.jpg

Sorry about the quality only functioning cam i have is the webcam, i cant take a pic of the connecter on the case because i need the computer to function the cam.
            OK, so you have a solid (one piece) connector that plugs into your current motherboard in the same place? Some motherboards are different, so you will need an adapter that breaks each of the wires from that connector into their own individual connectors.

I found THIS, but I'm not sure if it'll help. It's something that was yanked from a damaged Gateway case. Your old PC isn't a Gateway, is it?

Really, we need to see the connector from your case to help you. You may have to splice some wires...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

cingular your on the right tracks of what i mean, and yea the the current 1 is solid , and an adapter that breaks the wires is just what i need i just dont know were to get 1 or what they are called, hes the model umber on the case : Hp pavilion a309
              Abehep

Comment

Motherboard diagram. JFP1 is where the big block connects, huh? MSI does not have documentation on their website about that board, nor can I find it on HP's site. I mean what each pin does...

I can figure out what the pins do by looking at a similar board on MSI's site... One of the same size and chipset, but not the exact same model. Here is the one I've found.

I don't think such an adapter will exist. They aren't called proprietary parts for nothing ;) If you wanna replace a part, HP wants you to replace it with their parts! IMO, you'll be better off replacing the case than messing with an adapter that may or may not (I'd lean towards not) exist.

LOL, you could always use a screwdriver to short the pins to turn the new motherboard on :p Actually, lemme look at the info on the new MB and see if the pinouts are the same.

edit: Nope, they aren't even close to being the same..
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                | for | |

Comment

I would lean toward a new case. You can pick up a good one that is pretty reasonable.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

hmm, well your helps appreciated lots thanks, but i just blew my last ££ on the mobo and cpu , ill take it to another computer shop sometime nxt week and see what he has to say, if i cant get an adapter ill have to buy a new case, thanks alot everyone ~Craig~
                    Abehep

Comment

If you are brave you can turn on the computer by simply shorting the power pins on the MOBO. I have seen a few techs turning on my computer by shorting the pins with a screwdriver.
                      This leads to a much nicer cleaner approach but not easy and I can not give step by step instructions either because I have never tried this and likely mess you up.
                      What you could try is using a simple switch, push/toggle or whatever handy switch and hook that up to your power pins.

Not what I would suggest and you are much better off getting a new case adn that is what I would suggest. I assume if you have the electronic wizardry to hook up a hury rigged swithc you likely would have done so already.

Comment

OK, rather than using a screwdriver or buying and connecting some other power switch, I would see if anyone has an old crappy ATX case that they're willing to cut out the front panel wires to send to you. You'd have to trace the wires from your connector to their source (speaker/IDE LED/PWR SW/PWR LED/etc...), and then you can just cut out the HP connector and splice in the connectors from the old case... Talk to your local computer shop, as they might have an ATX case they're throwing away....
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thanks cingular, will do.
                          Abehep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse