Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital surround audio system suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital surround audio system suggestions?

I need a new surround system (hell, i need a sysytem) that will integrate well with my computer, and of a lesser priority, my DVD, xbox, tv ect. I am going to a X-Fi card and the system MUST be under $300. I will also note I have been interested in the logitech z-5500.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Re: Digital surround audio system suggestions?

You want a digital speaker system for your home theater/home audio system? I don't think they make any consumer level products that are decent. Each speaker needs its own processor and if you want those to sound decent, you're going to pay a pretty penny for them. If you just want computer speakers that sound good, then there are some nice speaker sets (like the Logitech you mentioned) out there for that...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You could get the Logitech z-5500 and hook up your computer to them with analog connections. The DVD and xBox can hook up with digital connections. A receiver would help handle all the connections. If you hook up your computer digitally, you only get 2.1 sound from games.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

oops when i said digital i meant comp speakers. Looks like my parents old sys has a digital decoder, and it's a really good kenwood reciever wit some good acoustic research (they were bought by rca) haven't found speaker stats but they seem to be very powerful and once i get a X-Fi sound card they'll be really kick-ass in BF2.
        The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
        #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
        83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Are you using your parents' old equipment or buying a new system? Whatever you do, I'd still recommend the analog connections from the PC. You're not going to get 5.1 in BF2 unless it's analog.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The logitech sound systems are nice.
            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...