New sempron 64 3300+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sempron 64 3300+

I just baught a AMD Sempron 64 3300+ And a new mobo - Asus X Series K8V-MX ( im having a minor issue with this board please referr to my other post " need help with new mobo issue " ) and i was wondering how my machine would run with these specs -

1 GB Ram
    Ati radeon 9550 256mb
    Amd sempron 64 3300+
    Asus X Series K8V-MX

Thanks for your help :)
    Abehep

Re: New sempron 64 3300+

20 views no post? :O :(
    Abehep

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
      and i was wondering how my machine would run with these specs -
      better than mine.

Comment

I can't keep ati's labeling system strait anymore, but I'm going to assume that your 9550 is somewhat old for a video card, in which case it is deffinantly going to bottleneck the performance of your PC. otherwise everything else is peachy.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

A better idea might have been to get a 939 socket motherboard with a low end Athlon 64. (Although the socket 754 Sempron's are just Athlon 64s with less L2 cache, I'm pretty sure there is no '64' stuck at the end of any sempron line. There is no such thing as a 'Sempron 64'.) It probably wouldn't have costed a whole lot more (unless you got a great deal somewhere) and a 939 socket motherboard would allow you to upgrade to faster Athlon 64s/Opterons and their dual core versions in the future (whereas your socket 754 won't.)

The reason you haven't gotten many responses is probably because you haven't yet told us which game you're trying to run.

Comment

Well i like to css as my main game and really would like to get into bf2
            Abehep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X