Headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset

I am looking to buy a headset for online gaming, as all I have now is decent stock speakers from DELL and a crappy mic. I was looking at this headset - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10013

Looks pretty good, and for a good price, but before I make any purchases I was wondering what the guys in the TG hardware forums would reccomend. If possible provide a link with your suggestion. Moderate price point would also be nice.

Thanks
    Roses are red, Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, Poem writes you!

Re: Headset

The headphones there are fine for games etc, i personally like usb headphones because you dont get many problems. A bit too pricy for what id pay but if you can afford it go for them!
    Abehep

Comment

I use the logitech Extreme Gaming Headset and it works fine for me. It was only 20 buckaroos including shipping for me.

Comment

Same price range: PLANTRONICS DSP500 USB Connector PC Headset with Microphone Boom and Digital Signal Processing - Retail (not in stock, though...) However... The ugly CounterStrike version of the same headset IS in stock and is US$3 cheaper!

I have this headset and it's pretty darn nice.

I say they're in the same price range because I converted the price of the original headset, CAD$60, into US$52. I'm not sure if NewEgg has a different Canadian price or not...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I use Plantronics as well - The Audio 90 version :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106014

and at $19 ... what else can I say .... :)

I had them hooked to my SB LIVE 5.1 card and they sounded great ... then I got the Creative FATAL1TY and "BAM" ...... now BF2 sounds 10X better ...
          |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
          [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

I use the Plantronics Gamecom 1. They sound crystal clear and are comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I got mine sent from hong kong and it still only cost £20 but you should be able to get some from the states just as cheap.
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLANTRONICS-Ga...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

If price is not a consideration, you might go for a 5.1 headset. Nice for situational awareness in the newer games. The Medusa 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones have 4 speakers in each side. Not too heavy and comfortable for hours. The headset's microphone is very good, too.

Hummm... forum won't let me post a link. The USA website is www medusa-usa com and the page is medusa-51-single-user-retail-pack-set-p-782.html

These ship from the UK, but very fast shipping (about 3 days total to USA west coast) is included in the price. It better be included since they cost $124. !!!

**edit -- p.s. I've read reviews that the USB version is not so good on sound quality, so I'd stick to basic version I linked even though you have to deal with 2 more wires to connect the PC to the amplifier.
              Last edited by =TFM=Melvin; 01-01-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I've got the USB 350 and have been very happy with them.

Comment

I just picked up a pair of sennheiser pc 150's(not usb) this week from zipzoom fly for $45.00 and really dig them. They replaced a pair of labtec axis that had broken after relative little use. I wear glasses, even so they seem to be comfortable with long sessions of bf2.

Comment

I have that set and it's frickin' sweet. Best mic ever and good sound to boot.
                    Only $50 at best buy 4 months ago; i highly recommend it
                    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                    #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                    83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Same price range: PLANTRONICS DSP500 USB Connector PC Headset with Microphone Boom and Digital Signal Processing - Retail (not in stock, though...) However... The ugly CounterStrike version of the same headset IS in stock and is US$3 cheaper!

I have this headset and it's pretty darn nice.

I say they're in the same price range because I converted the price of the original headset, CAD$60, into US$52. I'm not sure if NewEgg has a different Canadian price or not...
                      What he said. I use the same headset and it rocks. And you can wear it for hours at a time too. But if you have a decent sound card (I don't), the 19.99 non-USB version sounds like a good value too.
                      Beatnik

Comment

Old thread with lots of suggestions..

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-guys-use.html
                        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Hey guys will i get 5.1 sound with BF2 with these headphones? http://www.medusa-usa.com/medusa-51-...set-p-782.html
                          I am using onboard sound and dont know if i need a sound card. Thanks- WIll

Comment

I just got the Plantronics Audio 90

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...onics&v=glance

I was going to get a usb 5.1 headset, but I couldn't swallow spending $65 on a headset for the minimal (if any) sound improvement

This headset is very comfortable and sturdy. You can't go wrong with it.
                            |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

Originally posted by hayes321
                              Hey guys will i get 5.1 sound with BF2 with these headphones? http://www.medusa-usa.com/medusa-51-...set-p-782.html
                              I am using onboard sound and dont know if i need a sound card. Thanks- WIll
                              It depends, on the back of your computer, how many headphone jacks are there? With 2 speaker you get 3 (headphone, line in, mic). If you have more you may have 5.1 capability. But it will always sound better with a sound card.
                              |TG| aschmack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X