sub-$100 MP3 player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub-$100 MP3 player

I find more and more scenarios in which I think life might be a bit more enjoyable if I had some of my music (or audio books) available for listening.

I need a no-frills MP3 player, and I only need a couple hundred songs, if that. Just something to listen to for 15 or 20 minutes while "activity X" passes (commute, doctor's office, etc).

Anyone have any recommendations for me, based on personal experiences with MP3 hardware?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: sub-$100 MP3 player

i got a lexmar player

Jump drive player
    You buy a jump drive

Jump drive

and you can just plug that into your computers USB and then download the music and plug it into the player....i use it for both apps and music..great player, not alot of features like the high dollar ones but it does the job....for under 70 bucks its not a bad deal...and yes i know TD sucks but its a good deal
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I use one of these, as I was looking to fill a similar niche, and wanted to have something that doubled as a simple jumpdrive as well. It's (this jumpdrive theory that Trooper and I are pimping) probably one of your better options in your serch, since it fills the need as well as allows for other uses.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i love it......gives me a jumpdrive and a mp3 player...better then those iPods....
        -Vulcan

Comment

It's fascinating to me that you both mentioned these options, as I already own and carry around with me a 1GB USB flash drive, and it has plenty of unused space on it.. more than enough to fit what little music/books I want to carry around.

Have you both been happy with your models? What pros and cons can you tell me about? Are they constructed well? Has battery life (do you use rechargables) been an "issue"?

Tell me more! :)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have a 1GB Creative MuVo TX FM and I like it very much. I upgraded from a 128 MB version and now my wife is using that for audio books.

Fairly rugged, good battery life (have only used the cheap alkalines from Fry's, though I intend to buy some rechargeables in the future...), intuitive interface, doubles as a flash drive if you want. No moving parts like with the disk-based MP3 players, so it works like a champ on the rare occasions when I actually manage to motivate myself to go out and run. Although not waterproof, I've dripped sweat all over it while finger fiddling it in the sauna. I've got nothing bad to say about the MuVo. If you're looking for a small MP3 player, I highly recommend it.

That said, I've never used the other players mentioned in this thread, so they could be cheaper/better...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've been quite pleased with my model. Battery life is wholly sufficient, UI is intuitive.

The downside to both of our options is that it puts you on board with a specific manufacturer (and in my case, a specific model -- the Cruzer Micro) so there's a chance that getting another drive might be difficult.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

(off-topic removed - wyz)

i have not had any problems with it....it uses AAA battery, it lasts long enough for me....my only problem and this was becuase of TD, the Screen acted all screwy as in not scrolling right and cuaseing play problems but i got it replaced and everything is working good.....

the 512 holds i think about 130 songs, thats without anything else on it..on mine i have about 50 songs and portable firefox with other files and such..

i even dumped some pop on it, accidental and it still ran good
                Last edited by Trooper; 01-04-2006, 10:15 AM.
                -Vulcan

Comment

What can I say... I'm a trend whore.
                  Last edited by Wyzcrak; 01-04-2006, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhack

What can I say... I'm a trend whore.
                    And an off-topic whore, at that. :) I've pruned this thread. Please keep it on topic. Many thanks.

Comment

You might want to go to www.newegg.com, and sort their MP3 players according to the features that you want. The biggest Creative MuVo TX FM that you can get is 512 MB for $99 or the Creative Zen 512MB for $79 (staying in your sub-$100 range).

I forgot to mention two features of the TX FM that I don't use much, but that I like having: AM/FM radio and a microphone to record your coworkers when they sexually harass you.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

just wondering wyz if you found anything
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement