Thermal Paste Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Paste Recommendation

So jaymind sent me a faster CPU he wasn't using.

My question is, is AS5 really that much better than say the Dynex that Best Buy has available?

I need to pick up something at lunch and BB is by far the closest store. I just looked at what they had on-line and didn't see AS5. Has anyone noticed if their local store actually carries AS5 as well?

Re: Thermal Paste Recommendation

Nah. Maximum PC did a few tests, and the difference between generic thermal paste and super expensive stuff was less than a few degrees. As long as you have any paste at all, you ought to be fine.

Comment

I'd say the application of the paste is most important. I believe there is a link in DdoG's Helpful Links post in this forum.

I get my AS from a local mom N pop shop.
      flux
      [tg-c1]

Comment

Indeed. I prefer AS ceramique, just because it's about 60x less messy than as5 =P
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
          Nah. Maximum PC did a few tests, and the difference between generic thermal paste and super expensive stuff was less than a few degrees. As long as you have any paste at all, you ought to be fine.
          of course it's only a few degrees, but those few degrees are important! =P

Seriously though, unless you're planning on doing extreme overclocks or something, I'll second the opinion of as long as you have some you're fine, regardless of the brand.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I've always used Artic Sliver .... never a problem ....... and $1.99 :)
            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
            [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

Here is an artical in OVERCLOCKERS.COM

http://www.overclockers.com/articles660/

Showed each of the greases VERY similar ... so .. whatever your preference is should be fine ...
              |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
              [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

I've always been a fan of the AS line and Shin Etsu. The stuff may very well be made up of the same compound but I like to stick with stuff that I've used over the years that I know and trust. As others have said the application technique is important.

Comment

Another vote for Arctic Sliver 3 .... im pushing my p4 3.0 to 3.6 and its like winter in that case.
                  [defense]

Comment

I broke down and dropped by CompUSA at lunch and pixed up some AS5.

Comment

[QUOTE=flux]I believe there is a link in DdoG's Helpful Links post in this forum....QUOTE]

It's really cool to see people actually read those posts..... THANKS!
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X