No announcement yet.

Does HyperThreading show 2 CPUs?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does HyperThreading show 2 CPUs?

I have a laptop with a Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading. In all the diagnostics/sysinfo I run (directx, task manager, system information) it show two CPU's. I am pretty shure I didn't buy a dual CPU laptop for $1500.

Is it the hyper threading stuff causing this?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Does HyperThreading show 2 CPUs?

Yes it does. Hyper Threading is a way that Intel manages to get its processor to excecute 2 threads at once. Its not as good as having a dual core processor but its better then having a single core processor.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed