ok, know problem, now how to fix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, know problem, now how to fix?

I posted last week about a problem where alot of my shortcuts in my program start group disappeared out of the blue...

Well now in the control panel, under the User settings I only have one account and thats named "chuck" and I have admin prevledges...

When I right clicked and explored "chuck" start menu, the items weren't there (the ones that went missing... but when I explore "all users" the program group is there and with all the proper shortcuts.

So... how do I force it to show me ALL USERS program group, instead of chuck?
    (remember... I only have one account on my system... chuck... with admin rights.)

Thx in advance.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: ok, know problem, now how to fix?

"Chuck" is a user, so it should be visible to "Chuck" if it's in the "All Users" desktop.

More likely, IMO, is that you've got WinXP's "clean unused shortcuts" setting enabled (It's on by default).

What is your "program start group"?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

just move it all to Chuck.

thank you and good night.

I keep mine in All users personally (mostly because new programs are more likely to put start menu items there), but one or the other will fix the issue.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

What did you do to the administrator account? Rename it to Chuck?
        |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Windows creates a administrator account when you install it with whatever name you put on there, and the true admin account remains hidden (atleast with sp1 installs)
          You can always access it through safe mode though, which offers all kinds of fun for colleges and people that leave laptops on tables....but I digress.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

ok, got that part fixed... just moved all shortcuts to all.

thx
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X