Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ergodex DX1 Customisable Controller set-ups?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ergodex DX1 Customisable Controller set-ups?

OK - having more money than sense this month (got a small raise) I blew some dosh on the Ergodex DX1 Customisable Controller

My question is; does anyone else have this and what kind of key arrangements have you made?

I am setting mine up tonight and will come back with a picture of my set-up with explaination.

Everyone else - please feel free to tell me I am mad for spending so much money of a gadget like this (when I already own a Nostromo!).

:madsmile:
    |TG-Irr|Big-Ranger: BIG again, but still not clever!
    | |

Re: Ergodex DX1 Customisable Controller set-ups?

I have never seen that before. Looks perfect.

How do yo like it?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

How much was it? I saw a preview for this before it was available, but haven't seen anything else until now. Does it work as advertised?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Looks like it retails for $150, and comes with 25 (1-25) keys. You can buy 25 more keys (26-50) for another $50.

edit: website is http://www.ergodex.com/content.php?id=14
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Yep - it's still a litle steap at £120/$150 (eh, how does that work ? LOL)...

But I have to say it is the IDEAL way to arrange your game key systems...

I now have a key for everything, properly labeled and arranged in sensible groups for whatever BF2 class I am in...

I still use my Nostromo for movement and a coupel of other crucial things - but all other key choices, additional TS options, and macros are on the DX1.

It does help you can print out a background with teh labels on and pop it under the keys.

Expensive? Yes, but worth it if you have teh money.
          |TG-Irr|Big-Ranger: BIG again, but still not clever!
          | |

Comment

Originally posted by BIG-Ranger
            I still use my Nostromo for movement and a coupel of other crucial things - but all other key choices, additional TS options, and macros are on the DX1.
            You still use the Nostromo for moving? Is the DX1 bad for this or is it just a personal preference?

I have a bit of CTS and am looking for something that could help. I like the nostromo but hitting some of the keys is a bit of a pain, litterally.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I was at a 400 Man LAN here in the seattle/everett area of washington and one of the guys that designed or worked on the ergodex game and actually gamed and sold them and gave away one. They are awesome because you can stick the keys anywhere on the board. If I had the money at the time I would of definitely thought about buying it. Just what it does for gaming is great, but it is truly for professionals who do a lot of work in photoshop or programs like that to bind keys together and help them work a little faster.
              -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X