middle mouse button problem...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• middle mouse button problem...

Some games program the middle mouse button to do something in game (clicking in the wheel), when I use my middle mouse button in those games, it alt tabs to another screen or desktop... which is what it's set to in the mouse configuration utility (for windows), but in those options theres no way to disable it, just change it to something else.

So I can't use the middle mouse button in game, (and some games don't allow it to be re-programed.)

anyone have any idea how I could disable the "windows" function of the middle mouse button on my mouse?

Thx in advance.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: middle mouse button problem...

Can you close that mouse config? My G5, for example, requires SetPoint.exe to be running for it to work its crazy mojo; without SetPoint running, all the buttons are totally normal, and the resolution is non-throttle-able.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

nope... it's Microsoft intelmouse, which installed as the driver... don't see a way to disable it unless maybe in the device list...I'll check.. thx.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Intellipoint allows you to change the middle button setting from the default "Next Window" to "Middle-Click"
        I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

I also have an intellipoint mouse at home. Did you install the software that came with it? If so, uninstall it and give that a shot. I didn't put it on, and have had no issues with mouse buttons.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Follow hemorrhoids advice it works. For some odd reason microsoft thinks middle click should default be alt-tab like, but us users know that it should be a middle click or in my case default should be autoscroll.
            -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X