Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBC Yahoo DSL issues......

I'm having slow load times on webpages.

I'm also getting lag now on BF2 which I never had before. I've called there tech support twice and the problem still happens.

I did a speed test at their website and these were the results...

Download was 2.008 Mbps
    Upload is 393.85 kbps

Any ideas...

I'm running Zone Alarm and AVG for interet security.

thanks.
    "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Re: SBC Yahoo DSL issues......

no one?
    "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

I can't offer you any advice SBC tech support hasn't already...I also have the Yahoo DSL and every now and then I have to turn my router and modem off and then restart everything...then it works fine. Did they have you try this? There's a specific order for powering stuff down and then back up tho'...

I'm just posting this so you know your post wasn't ignored.

I really don't have any sound advice to offer...

Comment

check out these forums...www.dslreports.com

Comment

I've been having major issues with my SBC DSL this evening. In BF2, I'd be disconnected after 5-180 seconds in game every time. Never seen anything like it.
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkatonic

I'm also getting lag now on BF2 which I never had before. I've called there tech support twice and the problem still happens.

Download was 2.008 Mbps
            Upload is 393.85 kbps

Any ideas...

thanks.

Yo Vodka are you running a wireless network? Whenever my brother wants to play BF2 at the same time as me he always connects to the internet via our neighbors unsecured wireless network. Good thing our neighbor is a cop and doesnt know jack about wireless security. lmao

If you are running a wireless network and not sure if you have neighbors like us u might want to make sure that network is secure. ;p
            Warcriminal
            chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

When these things happen have you tried the tracert and or Ping command utilities?

You can use those to ping the servers you are trying to get to and find if there are any hangups in your local network alos. (I have found problems with my wireless router. Luckily what Coridon suggested seemed to fix it. At other times I think the wireless was being interfeared with because my phone (same wireless freq.) also was dropping and sounding choppy.)
              I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkatonic

Download was 2.008 Mbps
                Upload is 393.85 kbps

Any ideas...

thanks.
                My mom uses SBC DSL service, and she frequently had problems with it (service periodically goes out and/or slow service). After trying everything the DSL techs told her to do, they ended up giving her a new DSL modem -- which solved the problems. You may want to try a replacement modem. Good luck!

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Check out your router and your modem... it could be either one of them. If its the modem, SBC has to replace that. If it's the router, you'll have too.

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X