WinXP skins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP skins

Just wondering where a decent place to get skins for WinXP is, and what all is involved in the process (I assume it's not just like loading a skin in winamp). I could just Google it, of course, but that doesn't help me as far as reliability/trustworthiness/cool designs.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: WinXP skins

There's a thread stickied at the top of this forum called "Customizing WinXP" or something similar...

I like NeoWin and DeviantArt to find skins.

Comment

Actually ST, it's not too different. For skins, use neowins uxtheme patcher, which replaces the original version of the DLL with one that allows you to change the skin with theme files generated with StyleXP.

Neowin is also a good source for skins, many of which are of high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
        Just wondering where a decent place to get skins for WinXP is, and what all is involved in the process (I assume it's not just like loading a skin in winamp). I could just Google it, of course, but that doesn't help me as far as reliability/trustworthiness/cool designs.
        Did you ever get WinXP to look like you want it to? Was my little writeup sufficient?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yea, your write-up was helpful. I really had no specific look in mind, I just wanted to get away from the crappy XP skin without choosing the classic look. I'll take a screenshot of my machine at work and post it here if I can remember, heh. Looks nice, as far as I'm concerned.
          [squadl]

Comment

luna vx is cool ;)
            From Adam Webb

Comment

I'm using VisMesa. Here's a screenshot of my desktop at work.
              [squadl]

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                I'm using VisMesa. Here's a screenshot of my desktop at work.
                That one is nice! I'd prefer a different colored Start button, but...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well the start button is black unless it's selected. The other items on the quickstart menu and such have a cool partial blue glow to them when you hover, too.
                  [squadl]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X