Stange hardware problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stange hardware problem

my bro AMD 1600+ seens to be having a strange problem.every time he loads up a gme he plays ir for no more then 20 mins then a blue screen pops up and it says something about hardware not bring properly installed and it says its dumping the cahe or something to prevent serious harm to the system. Any one have this problem?

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Re: Stange hardware problem

omg.... well, if I understand correctly, it sounds like the most obvious place would be mem, but if it does this only in game, it could be a bad video card or even hard drive. it might be as simple a a bad driver or app though. start with the cheap fixes (try different memory, since it sounds like there might be 2 computers to swap around parts) try reloading the drivers, game, or even the os. run prime95 to see if it crashes, check temps to see it there is something there...

lets start there first... that should cover about the first 40% of troubleshooting.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

^ What he said =P I'd start with reinstalling video and sound drivers, then the game, then check the cables to your HDD/video card and such, make sure they are all plugged in correctly. Then move on to parts swapping (if you have spare parts around to swap) and see if replacing one item fixes the problem. Ram is easiest to start with. Finally, if you can, I'd go with a format/reinstall of windows (something I do on a regular basis anyway), If none of that works, let us know, and we'll move into step two.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

thanks alot guys so i take it this has happen to one of u guys b4? im testing the system stuff right now.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
        Delta MICS
        Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

building computers personally and professionally for 11 years has given me a small bank of experience to draw from. Every issue can be solved with the same method... start with the obvious and cheap stuff first.... then just systematically work out from there.

but yes, I have had similar issues in the past, and it was never the same thing twice.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Yeah, Computers have fun tendancies to be totally random. Like not posting because a CD-Rom drive was bad (I mean, seriously, wtf? =P)
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

well, it is possible that a bad CDRom could refuse a post. the bios must check the ide channels as part of the process. if the cdrom if shorted or whatever, it could potentially force a post hang... especially with certain bioses.

Comment

How is the air flow in this system? When was the last time the dust was blown off? Is the case cover on or off? Your problem may be over heating of system components (probably the video card). A system can do whacky and odd things when critical components over heat.

Throughly remove all dust from your case and fans and make sure all fans are running optimally and not slow. If you were running this system with the cover on, remove it and try playing without the cover (this is a clear sign that it is a heat issue if it works or even works longer).

I'd save the format and reinstall of Windows until the very last. These days with Windows XP, reinstalls aren't that necessary anymore. I've been running off the same install of XP for over a year now and it runs as good now as then. I constantly run defrags, virus checks, and norton system check on a regular basis. Before XP I'd have to reinstall 98 every few months.
                Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X