IE7 beta 2.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7 beta 2.....

I just installed the latest and greatest IE, and I have got to sya this thing is leaps and bounds better than 6 sp1. the interface is much more clean, webpages open 2 to 3 times faster, tabbed browsing, phishing filters, so far, the rendering engine is rock solid too.

I would suggest you try this out if you like IE. even the firefox camp might want to look into 7 for those times you HAVE to run IE... you might just switch for good.

the multiple homepage option (every time you open IE,it can go get as many pages right then as you want.....letting you read through one while the rest of them open.....) and the thumbnail view of the tabs is probably the coolest features. 15 different sites open, and all of them seen at a glance.

link to the download:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=58957
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: IE7 beta 2.....

I saw this was released, how long till final?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhack
      I saw this was released, how long till final?
      I don't know, but the BETA is really complete. I'm using it now. Some really, really slick features, like the ability to "pane" all the active tabs, like a powerpoint presentation.

Comment

I just found the zoom feature.... website too small for your taste? make it bigger, hate side scrolling? zoom out.... so sweet.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

It'll probably go final with the release of Vista or close to it. I suspect that is what this IE is primarily being created off of because all the features appear to be the same.
          Telorn

Comment

It would be really nice to have all of the innovative features of IE's competitors without leaving IE. I'll check this out soon.

Thanks for the feedback.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm not sure why Microsoft is releasing these "new features" opera and fire fox already have most the features that IE7 is just now finally coming out with. If they can come up with something original then i might switch back but until then I will just stay with opera
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I have problems with DHTML with IE7. I also have problems with graphic intensive pages scrolling slowly. I dislike the lack of the graphic navigation buttons and I really dislike the address bar being on top of the menu bar.

I think it has potential though.

The best feature I saw in IE7 is the RSS reader. That was VERY slick.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  I'm not sure why Microsoft is releasing these "new features" opera and fire fox already have most the features that IE7 is just now finally coming out with. If they can come up with something original then i might switch back but until then I will just stay with opera
                  Microsoft is coming out with new features because they don't own Opera or Firefox. They want the features in IE because they want people to use IE. The question of "why" they are doing this is pretty easy to answer.
                  Last edited by Apophis; 02-01-2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    down own
                    don't* own

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      don't* own
                      Yeah, IE7 doesn't have an automatic spell checker.

Comment

opera does so look out
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                          Yeah, IE7 doesn't have an automatic spell checker.
                          I use the Google Toolbar for that. But it didn't pick it up as "down" was spelled properly.

Comment

Seems like I've read of computer manufacturers shipping with Firefox. Has anyone read of computer manufacturers shipping with Google Toolbar? Seems like that'd be a worthwhile thing to do (as is shipping with Firefox).

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Seems like I've read of computer manufacturers shipping with Firefox. Has anyone read of computer manufacturers shipping with Google Toolbar? Seems like that'd be a worthwhile thing to do (as is shipping with Firefox).
                              It would be nice. I find the Google Toolbar pretty invaluable to my web use. Between the spellchecker, additional popup protection, and keyword highlighting functionality, it comes in VERY handy.

Not to mention I like looking at the Google PageRank for the particular sites I visit.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X