Boot Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Up

I just bought a 6600GT for my rig, once I updated drivers I ocasionally get weird static when I boot up, The Pixils are kind of shifted around so the words look more like bars. it does that all through boot up then freezes at a black screen an sometimes restarts in a never ending loop of this. If i shut of PSU and reboot it might happen again, or I might get in. It doesnt happen everytime. My computer is set to wake up at a certain time, and it gets annoying when it boots and it doesnt boot right. PLEASE HELP

Re: Boot Up

What is the wattage of your PSU? It may be a power issue or a over heating issue.
    Telorn

Comment

Your PSU wattage could be perfectly fine, as well. But the PSU is going bad. You can take it to your local CompUSA and they'll test the PSU for free.

If you have a second computer (or a friend) to test the video card on, I'd do so. This would tell you if it is the video card. IF the video card is bad, it sounds like you recently got it and would be able to return it.
      Telorn

Comment

MY PSU is fine Brand new, maybe a month old. and its 450 watt, I believe its a driver error, and was woundering if it happens to anyone else, cause it started when I updated drivers.
        (The idea of it overheating maybe a good asumption, the room the comp is in stays above 70* and i have only a intake and out take fan[I also forgot to mention it happens more when i OC])

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
          (The idea of it overheating maybe a good asumption, the room the comp is in stays above 70* and i have only a intake and out take fan[I also forgot to mention it happens more when i OC])
          You have an airflow issue: if you are overclocking, and only have one intake and one outtake, then you are generating heat, but not adequately getting it out of the case.

Comment

Try removing your case cover. If it runs fine, heat is your problem.
            Telorn

Comment

what sound card are you running?
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

It could be the PSU, I once had a PSU die on me the very first time I tried to power it on. It is a good thing to check to make sure it is seated correctly also. I doubt very much that it is drivers because the drivers provided by nVidia only start to load once you log into windows, not during POST and the boot sequence of your computer. During the boot sequence it is a default display driver that works with onboard, ATI, nVidia, or any other video cards and when you update the drivers for windows it does not affect the boot up display driver (if you can call it that).
                -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

i have a 5.1 creative labs soundblaster audigy or something why?

Comment

well i was gonna say driver issue becuase those versions of graphic cards seem to have issues with the nvidia drivers but killer target brought up a good point
                    -Vulcan

Comment

i think i figured it out, I may have been OCing it to much. I noticed some artifacts while playing fear, I reduced it to, recomended by a friend core539 memory989 i had it at 560 and 1GHz. So far no problems but like i said its random, so you never know. I also am going to put a fan in the font of my case, should i have it intake or outtake? what would benifit more?

Comment

do you have one on the back of your case?....if so change the direction so that your front one pulls air in and the back fan just sucks it out.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

OCing your vid card will definitely cause those problems that you described. Normally most computers draw in the air from the front of the computer and have it flow to the back and out. This works well, but if you can compartmentalize the case so you have a direct flow of cool air from your intake in the front or sometimes the side of your case to your processor and then a separate compartment for ur vid card works out. I know I have seen computers that do that somewhere before, and it would work if you can seal the compartments from eachother and teh air will be cooler and flow through the computer better.
                          -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Or you can go water cooling and do away with most of the hot air in the case. You place the radiator on the outside of your case and all that hot air that your CPU and GPU were throwing into the case is now carried over insulated tubes and expelled outside the case. IT can also be quieter, since you don't need fans as noisy on your radiator.

I'd personally do it for the noise if I had some way of shutting up my 15k RPM SCSI drives. Those things are loud as hell..louder than any fan I have :) I wonder how long an external SCSI cable can be? Put them in the dang closet :) Anyone sell a sound proof external HD case?
                            Telorn

Comment

Watercooling is defitnitely a way to go if you have the money and are willing to test it on your system with the possibility of leaking and then possilby killing your system (remember to used distilled water) go on ahead and try it. Today many of the problems that occured with older water cooled systems, because a lot of people are going the water cooled route to get the cooler temps, quieter systems, and better overclocking possibilities. Another way to quiet down your system is to go to 120mm fans instead of 80, and also changing out your HSF made of pure copper and one that has a large quiet fan on top.
                              -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X