• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy

I have $100 to best buy and don't know what to do with it. Help! :row__735:
    Telorn

Re: What to buy

I'm just going to have to go there and look around. Browsing online isn't giving me any ideas.
    Telorn

Comment

I've got a $50 gift card and a DVD to return there. I plan on getting the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You still looking for a headset? I remember seeing your post regarding the IceMat in my 'looking for a headset' thread.

I would really recommend the Plantronics DSP-500 if you are. I couldn't find it at any of my local Best Buy stores but others say they have found it. Since it's USB and seen as a separate device you can set Windows to use the mic on it but route the sound to your speakers.

The mic on the DSP-500 is the clearest I've had. I think short of moving up to the ~$100 range (i.e. the Icemat and Steelpad headsets) it's the best all-around quality. Got mine at Micro Center last week for $69.99.

Comment

Interesting. I already use the Belkin Nostromo n52, so I've always been put off by the gaming keyboards. Comfortable with what I know, I guess. I'm just concerned I wouldn't like it as much.

How would you use that with BF2? Would you use the normal WASD setup? Or custom set those G keys?
          Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
            You still looking for a headset? I remember seeing your post regarding the IceMat in my 'looking for a headset' thread.

I would really recommend the Plantronics DSP-500 if you are. I couldn't find it at any of my local Best Buy stores but others say they have found it. Since it's USB and seen as a separate device you can set Windows to use the mic on it but route the sound to your speakers.

The mic on the DSP-500 is the clearest I've had. I think short of moving up to the ~$100 range (i.e. the Icemat and Steelpad headsets) it's the best all-around quality. Got mine at Micro Center last week for $69.99.
            My goodness...you totally reminded me of that :) heh. Thanks! I'll check it out.
            Telorn

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              I've got a $50 gift card and a DVD to return there. I plan on getting the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
              Are you planning on really using the LCD? I ask because I have a Saitek Eclipse and have been very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                More ram, higher dpi mouse, the new Logitech keyboard, CoD2, etc etc
                More RAM was my first consideration. I already have 2 512 sticks in a Gigabyte 7NNXP. I was considering buying another 512, but I'm concerned that I'll probably lose my dual channel DDR feature because I'd have different brand RAM in my system and a 3rd stick.
                Telorn

Comment

I have a question about the USB audio, though. Most the time I'll be listening through the headphones, not my Klipsch speakers. So I'd want really good sounding speakers. I don't doubt the Plantronic sounds nice...but if I have an Audigy 2 Gamer sound card, would I get lower quality sound from this headset, since it is USB and uses its own driver? Would I not have effects like EAX? Would I have to go to the BF2 sound options and change it back and forth from my audio drivers when I want to use my speakers or my headset?

Right now all I have to do is hit a little button on my Klipsch control center and it'll divert audio to the headset plug in.

My other question would be...do you think any excellent quality headsets with analog plug are at Best Buy?
                  Telorn

Comment

If you have a good sound card, and an Audigy 2 qualifies I would think, I would assume the headset probably wouldn't have quite as good quality. I went the DSP-500 because all I have is on-board sound, and it blows that away.

Just checked Best Buy.com and it shows BB now carries the Sennheiser 135 that is both analog and has a USB adapter. Shows as $109.99. Sennheiser's are a great brand as well.

Comment

Crap. Too bad the Sennheiser is sold out and isn't carried in any store that's within hours of me :)
                      Telorn

Comment

Too bad you have to go Best Buy. Newegg.com has the 135 for $61.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
                          Too bad you have to go Best Buy. Newegg.com has the 135 for $61.
                          Tell me about it. NewEgg also has the IceMan headset for $69. Anyone want a $100 gift card to Best Buy for an IceMan Black headset? :)
                          Telorn

Comment

You can buy my love for $100, and then I can go to Best Buy.
                            [squadl]
                            "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                              You can buy my love for $100, and then I can go to Best Buy.
                              You just aren't there for me enough, man.
                              Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X