Saitek Eclipse vs Logitech G15 gaming keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saitek Eclipse vs Logitech G15 gaming keyboard

I am thinking of buying one of these gaming keyboards....i would appreciate any pros/cons that members can offer on these units.

From what i have seen, the Saitek is less expensive but the logitech has that mini lcd (can it even be used with BF2) and the left side macro keys.
    |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Re: Saitek Eclipse vs Logitech G15 gaming keyboard

I have a Saitek Eclipse and have been impressed. Keys are quiet, soft and very responsive. Backlighting is sufficient although it's a pretty standard feature these days. The only issue I've really had is the silver coating on the space bar has rubbed off in one place. Weird since it's not happening with any other keys. I'm a bit frustrated because Saitek won't just send a replacement space bar key.

I've read good things about the G15 although the one negative I've heard is it takes up a ton of desk space. The LCD is cool but I believe only a few games (BF2 not included) support it natively.

The one cool thing I've seen done with it is there is a program available that shows Teamspeak information on the LCD.

I was looking for a no-frills gaming keyboard, I don't want multimedia keys or extra function/macro keys I'll likely never use.

Comment

http://jmefidelity.squarespace.com/hardware/

check that review out
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

The G15 does have SDK support and there are a lot of cool things that are being done with it. BF2 is not supported right now and so far it's unknown if anybody will be able to add support. If there is any support, people are talking about it showing your ranking stats so that's not really useful. Another problem is people reporting the keys wearing down. There were some screenshots on the G15 forums showing the worn out keys. It's not too bad since the keys can still be read but it's unknown how bad it can get.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've got an Eclipse and I like it a lot, but the G15 has some pretty cool features. I'd say, if you've got the money then get the G15, and if you don't have the money get the Eclipse. If you really don't have the money then just get some cheap-o generic keyboard.
          AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

I've got the ECLIPSE as well .... awesome keyboard ... like ASSASSIN said .... quite keys and BACKLIT nicely ....
            |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
            [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

I went to BestBuy <gag> to look at how I was going to spend my Xmas gift card. I was looking at the G15. The Saitek didn't look like it was of nearly the quality and I quickly dismissed it. What caught my eye, however, was Microsoft's latest ergonomic keyboard. It doesn't just split the keyboard in half and angle the keys, it actually swells in the center to bring the keys up where your fingers would naturally be held. Very nice and I'm really considering it...

http://www.microsoft.com/products/in...6789e&type=ovr

Better pictures at Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109148
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Just bought the G15 and I just have to say that I like the G15 more than the Saitek, basically for all the reasons laid out in JME.Fidelity's review (see Trooper's post above). I had the Saitek Gamers Keyboard, which is pretty similar to the Eclipse, except for the light coming through the letters themselves, and had to replace it because my Saitek's keys got worn out, no thanks to TG and their great servers. I think I'm even going to add in LcdStudio for my LCD like JME did. It looks pretty cool.
                |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
                [at][tg-c1]

Comment

I have a G15 and I love it. It's tough... and looks it.
                  The LCD is cool and even after the novelty wears off it's very useful. The TS applet is great.
                  LCD Studio is very cool but takes at least a little learning. After that you can custom make all sorts of stuff.

It's wider than most but that's no biggie after a couple days(unless you have a desk space concern - even then it's not really much).

I can't say anything about the others except maybe the one Cing is looking at. My father used an MS ergo keyboard for a bit. I've got it here on a shelf. imo unless you actually spend the majority of your keyboard time with your hands and fingers in actual typing postion you won't like it.

Before my current G15 & G7 setup I used a cordless Logitech MX Duo w/MX700 mouse.
                  I freakin loved it and used it for two years... till I got this G15 for my birthday (thanks mom - I really didn't expect it :))

Two thumbs up, so far, for the G15!

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
                    I can't say anything about the others except maybe the one Cing is looking at. My father used an MS ergo keyboard for a bit. I've got it here on a shelf. imo unless you actually spend the majority of your keyboard time with your hands and fingers in actual typing postion you won't like it.
                    While that may still be true, this new keyboard is NOTHING like the old ergo keyboards... Instead of just being split in half and slanted, this think actually swells in the middle. Like a molehill. Or a mountain.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Any comparison of the G7 to the MX1000? (I use both the 700 and 1000 and love my 1000, but I'd really like that spare battery pack for the G7.)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I have a G7and love it. Only problem i have is that my programmed settings for Bf2 don't always work and i can't figure out why. Actually, last night during tac mod was the first time it has worked in a few weeks. The on the fly dpi changing ability are great for going from sniper (400dpi_ to tank turret (1800dpi).

Also regarding the keyboards, does the G15 have a lot of nosie from the keys (or a hard click so to speak)? I am looking for a quiet keyboard with softer keys.
                        |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

If your primary gaming is first person shooters, you may be better off going with the Belkin Nostromo n52. I find the keys on the n52 easier to reach than a typical keyboard and you can move it to wherever is most comfortable.

But if you play MMOs or strategy games, then the keyboard is good, because you have all the extra macro keys and the keyboard is the primary input device for an MMO (talking), so you don't want your hand off to the side on a gamepad.
                          Telorn

Comment

How powerful is the macro capability? Can the keyboard emit keystrokes autonomously over an extended time period?
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by xRANSACKx
                              I have a G7and love it. Only problem i have is that my programmed settings for Bf2 don't always work and i can't figure out why. Actually, last night during tac mod was the first time it has worked in a few weeks. The on the fly dpi changing ability are great for going from sniper (400dpi_ to tank turret (1800dpi).

Also regarding the keyboards, does the G15 have a lot of nosie from the keys (or a hard click so to speak)? I am looking for a quiet keyboard with softer keys.
                              The G15 has non-clicky keys. I find it just right. It is quiet, but not mushy.

The TS display on the LCD is priceless if you use TS frequently.

As for the G7, I like it. The battery changes are a little frequent, but they are quick and easy. If you swap it before you play BF2, you'll never run out, but if you forget and it happens in game, it is only a few seconds of down time.
                              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X