How to make your internet connection look sexy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make your internet connection look sexy

Just look at the slimming effect the red verticle lines give the connection in this fantasticly sexy photo on the left. They not only slim but they scream out "look at me". Why would you want boring old mellow green when you can have bold, sexy, red stripes? Want a more subtle look? Well we can also work with a thinner yet more constant stripe that provides the same thinning effect without all the glam for those more conservative occasions. You ask "who is this bold designer with such imagination?" I will tell you, "Comcast Cable". You can have him customize your unsexy connection for roughly $50 and you will never understand how you lived without it before. Women will want to be with you. Men will want to be you.

so far I have had 3 different techs come out to look at my connection and they havent been able to find anything other than my signal outside is a bit high and that they would send a line crew out. No one has arrived and the connection tonight is worse then ever before. I looked up my modem DCM202 myself and got this information. From what I read the Sound to Noise Ratio is pretty close to being bad.

Downstream Signal
    Frequency: 723000000 Hz
    QAM Mode: 256 QAM
    Channel Power: 5.6 dBmV
    SNR: 32.182 dB

Upstream Signal
    Channel Id: 3
    Frequency: 31000000 Hz
    Channel Width: 3200000 Hz
    Channel Power: 30.7 dBmV

the event log also showed these messages repeatedly.

"Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout"

"No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out"

"DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response"

"SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing"

Sorry about the B&Ming but I couldnt hold it in anymore.

edit: grammar
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aculle01; 02-21-2006, 02:43 AM.

Re: How to make your internet connection look sexy

"Bold, sexy, red stripes..."

LOL, classic!

Moving to the Hardware/Software forum to share the humor and to maximize the effectiveness of your venting.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention that the photgrapher of this photoshoot was pingplotter. It is available at www.download.com and www.pingplotter.com

Comment

I'd be on the phone with Comcast in a heartbeat going up as high as it took to get someone fixing it.

It might be as easy as replacing your cablemodem though. Something you could do with a trip to CompUSA.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

PING!
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

CompUSA? If it is Comcasts modem I'd take it to Comcast and get a replacement.
            Telorn

Comment

How's your cable TV reception? Do you have analog or digital cable?
              |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Ive been on the phone with comcast I think 5 different times trying to explain the problem. They always say the connection looks fine and that the since the last time I called there is no problem. But I tell them that there is definitely a problem because Im looking right at it.
                I bought the modem at the end of August 2004 at Best Buy. Worked fine with no problems, as far as I know. I was perfectly happy with my connection, until about mid-December when I started losing connection while on BF2.

Comment

tv reception is fine. Its digital cable. I dont watch the tv that often its mostly my brother or roommate who watch it. They say the cable picturel gets garbled once an hour maybe. I told one of the techs about it and they gave me that look where they know its not supposed to happen but have no idea why it would happen and that was the end of it.

Comment

I have the same issue with the techs. My on demand is always skipping and losing audio. Rarely can I go through a whole show without this happening, and it'll happen during prime time or non-prime time hours. THey come out, look at the line, say everything is good, and give you that blank stare.
                    Telorn

Comment

Maybe try the Comcast forums? Or trying to use the support form on their website, and when you get an canned reply in email give em those graphs and tell em to escalate to tier 4 or something..
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

If it's periodic, maybe look for something responsible, like a big power user surging the system, or a local RF generator, like some CB guy keying up. Do the lights dim? Are all the cable devices on a surge protector or UPS to isolate them?
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I live in a old house that is split into two apartments. The biggest problem we have is the lack of outlets and that these outlets all lack the grounding hole so everything uses the converters. By the tv there is one outlet. We have a surgeprotector in with the tv, cable box, router, xbox and vhs plugged into the surgeprotector. The modem is actually plugged directly into the wall into the open side of the outlet. We havent had power problems at all however. There is a peco powerstation down the block but we never had a problem with the internet until mid/late december so im not sure if that could be it.

Comment

I had the same issue a while back with charter.

It seems that the root of my trouble was that I hade the signal split to 5 or 6 different rooms, and even though there were not TV's to all of them, it was degrading the signal. Everything was fine with this until Charter decided they were going to drop the signal strength to where it was supposed to be. then I got drop outs and loss of sync and great TV reception. I finally unplugged everything from the main line, used a 2 way splitter, plugged in the modem and one TV and that fixed the problem..... when I get to it, I will split the tv side of everything and put a booster on it.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                              I'd be on the phone with Comcast in a heartbeat going up as high as it took to get someone fixing it.

It might be as easy as replacing your cablemodem though. Something you could do with a trip to CompUSA.
                              Im starting to think that its me and not comcast more and more. Between them testing the connection while on the phone and techs testing the connectivity here comcast has come up with nothing. I really dont see any other reason for the severe packet loss to occur out of the blue. When its not dropping packets the connection is great and I couldnt be happier. Only problem with it being the modem is that I have to shell out the cash for the new one. Does anyone know of a place that would accept trade-ins?

Looking at newegg.com the motorola sb2150 looks to be the best. Im not too sure I want to go back to DLink. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X