Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset

Just curious...does anyone own these? I'm considering buying them.

I was wondering how comfortable they are for extended use? 1 hour? 2? 5?

Thanks!
    Telorn

Re: Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset

Originally posted by Bonehead
    Might want to take a look at the LTB 5.1 headsets with mic, I love mine, USB plug and play.
    Except the USB ones might not be supporting the most current version of EAX. I had the ones that plugged into the back of my sound card and the center channel got blown somehow and when I e-mailed the company (twice) I didn't even get a reply from their tech support. I've heard the medusa ones are good but I did quite enjoy the LTB ones while they were working.

Comment

I had the LTB ones...USB interface...good sound but uncomfortable after an hour or so. Tried for a couple of months with different adjusting or to get used to the discomfort and finally gave them away.

Got Plantronics DSP-500 as a replacement....way more comfortable, but no 5.1 sound.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
        Might want to take a look at the LTB 5.1 headsets with mic, I love mine, USB plug and play.
        I have the LTB 5.1 one as well, great sound although the back surround speakers have sort of a tweeter effect, but the boost bass option in the software they have makes it nice.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Wow, I actually saw them referenced on this forum and bought some about a month ago, yeah they are great headphones, they make you look like a total nerd because they're huge. But even though they are huge they are amazingly comfortable. Although a little hard to hook up, i would say, buy them.

Comment

I have a Medusa Headset and it's Freakin Awesome! Playing CS:S w/ a "stereo" headset is like having wall hacks. The Mic works great, maybe not as good as my old Sennheisers, but the 5.1 surround sound is WAAAYYY better. I like to game A LOT on my days off and you can wear these phones forever. The Sennheisers I had made my ears hurt, but these encapsulate your ears and are quite comfortable over long periods. If you can afford them, get them. Just make sure you set them up properly and you will be Very pleased.

Dirt013
            Last edited by Dirt013; 02-22-2006, 07:26 PM.
            Dirt013

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Good to hear they are comfortable, Dirt. I've been really interested in a 5.1 headset, and this was the first one I found that actually takes the 6 channels from your sound card. I'd prefer not to use USB because I want to make use of my Audigy2 and X-Fi when I get that in the future. And it appears I'll be able to get them under $100, so that's not so bad compaired to other high quality headsets.
              Telorn

Comment

I have the Medusa 5.1 headset.
                It's extremely comfortable and the sound is really good (I'm not an expert on sound quality mind you).
                The fact that you can connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker set as well as the headset at the same time is the coolest and exactly what I've been looking for.
                Wanna crank up some music? Turn off the headset and turn on the speakers. No messing with connections on the back of the pc!

I was a little disappointed in the max volume though.
                While they sound really good they won't really crank loud.
                It's not a problem as they will go plenty loud if you don't want to blow out your eardrums.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...