Finally After Fried Motherboard......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally After Fried Motherboard......

Well about 3 weeks ago my motherboard fried. Lucky me. Anyway the board arked between the soundcard and video card destroying all three pieces.......... Finally got all of the parts in week before last and rebuilt from the gound up. Only thing I reused was the harddrives as they are plenty good. To top everything off got a new monitor this past weekend fro BestBuy (have a buddy who works there so got it about 2/3 the normal price). Anyway here is the specs of all the stuf, let me know what you all think. My Dystopia skills are lacking now as the higher resolution monitor and graphics are a bit touchy.

Motherboard
    Brand ~ Gigabyte
    Model ~ GA-8I945P-PRO
    DDR2 Slots ~ 4x 240pin DDR2
    DDR2 Standard ~ DDR2 667
    Dual Channel Supported Yes

Graphics Card
    Brand ~ HIS Hightech
    Model ~ HX85XTQ256-3TOEN IceQ II
    GPU ~ Radeon X850XT
    Core clock ~ 520MHz
    PixelPipelines ~ 16
    Memory Clock ~ 1080MHz
    Memory Size ~ 256MB
    Memory Interface ~ 256-bit
    Memory Type ~ GDDR3

Power Supply
    Brand ~ RAIDMAX
    Model ~ RX-630
    Maximum Power ~ 630W

Processor
    Brand ~ Intel
    Series ~ Pentium D
    Model ~ BX80553940
    CPU Socket Type ~ LGA 775
    Core ~ Presler
    Name ~ Pentium D 940
    Operating Frequency ~ 3.2GHz
    FSB ~ 800MHz
    L1 Cache ~ 24KB+32KB
    L2 Cache ~ 2 x 2MB
    Process Type ~ 65 nm
    64 bit Support ~ Yes

Memory
    Brand ~ pqi
    Series ~ TURBO
    Model ~ PQI25400-2GDB
    Type ~ 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
    Capacity ~ 2GB (2 x 1GB)
    Speed ~ DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)
    Cas Latency ~ 4
    Timing ~ 4-4-4-12
    Voltage ~ 2.0V

Monitor
    Sony Flat-Panel
    Model ~ SDM-HS95P/S
    Viewable Screen Size ~ 19"
    Maximum Resolution ~ 1280 x 1024
    Aspect Ratio ~ 4:3 (standard)
    Response Time ~ 12 ms
    Brightness ~ 400 cd/m²
    Contrast Ratio ~ 550:1
    Dot Pitch ~ 0.294mm

Also replaced the included heatsink/fan with a Cooler Master one, all the fans in my case with some higher cfm ones, and of course ArticSilver5. Right now it is too overclocked, 5% increase on the CPU, 10% on the graphics card, and 5% on the memory with everything stable. I feel like I am forgeting something but not sure what......... I havent had a chance to run any benchmarks yet but once I do I will put them up. Much faster than my old setup (not that it as slow, P4 3.2GHz w/HT & 3GB DDR400 dual channel). Currious what systems some of you other guys are running.

-BTW the overclocking is controlled by the BIOS and turns the clock up and down depending on the loading. So basically during loading it will overclock to compensate then during normal operation go back down.
    Last edited by PrinceThaine; 02-28-2006, 06:55 PM.

Re: Finally After Fried Motherboard......

Anyway here is the link to the benchmark. The pic itself is not large in size but is large in pixel size.

Changed it to a thumb.

Comment

its a intel..... why anyone would have a intel gaming rig i dont know... pay more, get less :(

still, its a good system
      From Adam Webb

Comment

i have an intel P4 2.8 that actually was better then the comparable AMD at the time, not to mention is was cheaper too. Nice rig prince, hope to see you on the servers haveing some fun
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
          i have an intel P4 2.8 that actually was better then the comparable AMD at the time, not to mention is was cheaper too. Nice rig prince, hope to see you on the servers haveing some fun
          yes but he just got this i think he said.... currently Intel are bottom of pretty much every gaming benchmark, im talking there TOP end, doesnt beat AMD's bottem end
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Hey Prince,

Nice rig man!!! I'm an AMD guy myself, but that system should server you well into the future!!

Good Luck!!!

Chappie

Comment

Eh, it all matters which benchmarks you look at and what you prefer. Personally cant stand AMD, put thats just me. There are others who swear by them. Just a personal preference as the AMD benchmarks are higher than the Intel D 940 in a few areas and the AMD X2 higher in others. Yeah I will be on a bit more now finally.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X