could use some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could use some help

I just bought my daughter a little HP pavillion computer from a yard sale. It's pretty old and I am having beep code problems. It starts with 1 long beep and then 2 short beeps and then after a second or two it beeps 2 more short ones. Now I have researched the problem and the first problem says "Video (Mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue." and the second beep code says "POST error, review screen for error code."

Now I have swapped out video cards to one I know that works and that hasn't helped. I have swapped the 2 memory modules around and that hasn't helped either. Anybody have any advice as I'm kinda lost with this older stuff Thanks in advance
    sigpic

Re: could use some help

Does it have an onboard Video card?
    Kemotaha

Comment

Yes and I have tried both with the same results
      sigpic

Comment

You may have discovered the reason why it was sold at a garage sale.

You didn't mention if you can get past POST or not. What I would try is flashing the motherboard BIOS and seeing if you can disable the onboard video card, then try it again.

Comment

I would try taking out the motherboard battery, powering on, shutting off, and putting the motherboard battery back to reset the bios. possible someone junked up some settings in there.

in case you've never looked at one - it looks like a watch battery - the size of a dime usually.
          |TG|JackMac4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X