What you think of this case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think of this case?

Hello people, Im thinking of buying a new case and 1 thats caught my eye is this ; http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=A406-1028

Im not sure whether i can use this with my current motherboard? My mobo is ; Asus K8V-MX
    and does the case i like come with a 450W powersupply? im not too shure. Any help/advice apreciate, Thanks!

P.s can anyone tell me if a 6600GT is worth upgrading too? im currently running a ati radeon 9550.
    Abehep

Re: What you think of this case?

cases are kinda personal decision.. there's the fucntionality, but there's also the presentation..

I just got a new case and LOVE it... Antec Sonata II:

It's glossy piano black, and looks really sharp.. (you can't really see it, but there's two bright blue lights on the front.. so it does have a little bling to it) anyway.. that's just more my style...

but the real reason I got it was functionality.. here's the four reasons I got it:

1) silence... it's REALLY quiet

2) cooling.. it's got a super-quiet 120mm fan exhaust fan (three speed switch lets you run super quiet mode, or wind turbine mode). It also has mounting for a 120mm intake fan on the front, but i dont think that's needed... OCing my p4 2.8 to 3.2 plus OCing my x800xl by about 15%, and case temps stay in the high 30's.

3) filtering.. we've got dusty hardwood flooring, so dust filtration is a must - and this has a removable, washable filter (about 10x20cm) in the front.

4) built in 450w PSU.. i know people brag about separate PSU's, but this one is fine.. and for $99 you can't go wrong w/ a case+cpu package like this

/sell

Comment

Just be careful when moving the case and don't drop it. A friend of mine had a case like that and accidentally dropped the case once and the thing buckled and bowed out of shape. Also on the inside be careful of sharp edges, a lot of those cases that are that cheap have sharp edges that you can easily cut your hands on.

PSU wise that is a decent PSU for you, I currently have a 420 and it doesn't cut out on me.
      -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
        Hello people, Im thinking of buying a new case and 1 thats caught my eye is this ; http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=A406-1028

Im not sure whether i can use this with my current motherboard? My mobo is ; Asus K8V-MX
        and does the case i like come with a 450W powersupply? im not too shure. Any help/advice apreciate, Thanks!

P.s can anyone tell me if a 6600GT is worth upgrading too? im currently running a ati radeon 9550.
        Well, if you like the way it looks, that's fine. It's steel instead of aluminum, so it'll be kinda heavy. It also doesn't state what brand PSU comes with it, so that 450w might become 0w in a few months... Personally, if I liked that case, I'd buy a PSU from a reputable company and replace that one. It doesn't say anything about finished edges, slide out MoBo tray, thumbscrews or any of the nice features that we've all come to expect in a case nowadays. It looks to me like a budget case that looks "leet". Based on what I see there, I would never recommend that case to anyone...

Oh, and it's at TigerDirect, which I would really not recommend... Have you looked at NewEgg?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

cingular, whats your rationale for not recommending tigerdirect, i just ordered something from their and im unsure now..i usually go newegg, but it was cheap on tiger.

Comment

Aesthitcally, I think the case looks kinda cool. The bottom part reminds of me of spiderman's eyes, except not white (huge fan of spidey :) ) I would probably swap the PSU though. Cases are mostly subjective though. If you can inspect one at a store before purchasing, or maybe try and find some reviews, I'd check them out first. GL
            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul
              cingular, whats your rationale for not recommending tigerdirect, i just ordered something from their and im unsure now..i usually go newegg, but it was cheap on tiger.
              Personal bad experience and etailer ratings. TigerDirect is known for its horrible service.

Check this out:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1983.html

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2121.html
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

i agree with cingular about tiger direct i've had trouble with them in the past. i order all my comp stuff from newegg.
                also if your going to upgrade that card you might as well go to the 6800gt. thiers not that much price diffrence in those 2 right now but the 6800 is mo better :)
                Last edited by Dead_Meat; 03-07-2006, 01:47 PM. Reason: added stuff

Comment

Thanks for help, but i can't buy from newegg as i live in the uk, they don't ship to uk as much as i know, Tigerdirect seems the only place that will. And im still unsure for as whether my mobo will fit nicely into this case? Thanks.
                  Abehep

Comment

Ok, Considering im a bit of a noobie to most of this, If someone could link me up with a nice case+psu that doesnt break the budget, Lets say £50?

Also a nice graphics card that could handle games like hl2, css, cod2, bf2 on medium/high settings around $240?

And a nice gig of ram? i allready have a gig buts its ram ig ot from a computer shop for £30 ( 2x 512mb ) i honestly dont think this is good ram at all. around £60-80

( P.S Graphics card must be AGP! )
                    Abehep

Comment

If you want an AGP graphics card, your best bet is a 6800GS. Those things are freaking amazing. I don't speak "British" but I think £50 is pretty cheap; I don't know what an Antec Sonata costs these days but it's worth it. Whiskey recommended a Sonata II: I'm sure that case is awesome but I've got a Sonata and it works just fine, and I bet it's cheaper too :D

Comment

Thanks for help, but i can't buy from newegg as i live in the uk, they don't ship to uk as much as i know, Tigerdirect seems the only place that will. And im still unsure for as whether my mobo will fit nicely into this case? Thanks.
                        Try http://overclockers.co.uk

Comment

Ok, Considering im a bit of a noobie to most of this, If someone could link me up with a nice case+psu that doesnt break the budget, Lets say 50?

Also a nice graphics card that could handle games like hl2, css, cod2, bf2 on medium/high settings around $240?

And a nice gig of ram? i allready have a gig buts its ram ig ot from a computer shop for 30 ( 2x 512mb ) i honestly dont think this is good ram at all. around 60-80

( P.S Graphics card must be AGP! )
                          I think you will need to check your memory speeds first, do you know them. If not google for HWInfo32, its a nice program which will tell you every part thats in your pc inlcuding your Ram manufacturer and speeds.

Comment

Thanks for help, but i can't buy from newegg as i live in the uk, they don't ship to uk as much as i know,
                            There's a thread in this forum somewhere that has a list of online retailers that ship or are located in the UK.

I bumped it, but it's here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...online-uk.html
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

that case WILL support a full size ATX motherboard. as long as you do not have an eAXT mobo (rare) then you should be fine.... almost all midtowers will support a full ATX mobo, and though the dimensions of ATX mobos vary, they will stay under a certain measurment to comply with standards.

full ATX motherboards have a maximum size of 12"x9.6"
                              Mini ATX boards have maximum dimensions of 11.2"x8.2"
                              "Extended ATX" form factor, also sometimes called "EATX". This form factor is essentially the same as ATX, except that the board can be up to 12"x13" in size.
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X