Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with downloads

Trouble with downloads

When I download a file it gets to 99% completed and then bogs there for a long time then finishes. Sometimes it just will not finish. Then the file is usually corrupted. This happens a lot. Any ideas?

Iím on DSL and use a Linksy wired router.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: Trouble with downloads

This is with a browser, right? Which browser? Do you have an antivirus scanner running that auto scans downloaded files? Maybe it's causing that long delay and corrupting the download. Check the network cables? PC overclocked?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Browser,yes. MS Internet Explorer, not sure which version. And I do have an antivirus but have shut it down and didn't seem to make a lot of difference. No overclocking. I will check the cableing.

The last patch I finally gave up dl'ng from home and dl from work and burnt a cd to get a good copy.

Thanks for the reply
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

How large of a download is it? With IE it downloads the file to a temp folder first until the file is all the way downloaded and then it is copied to the folder where you selected it to be downloaded to. With large files it may take a while to copy from the temp folder to the selected download folder, especially if you are doing a lot of things that are accessing the hard drive at the same time can slow the process down even further.
        -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Yea Killer Target is correct so it may be a really big file or you do not have enough room on the hard drive...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X