Need graphics card suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need graphics card suggestions

Hey guys and gals, having trouble finding wright gfx card for me, I have £130 to spend, in us this is : $225, Im a regular gamer but im not hardcore, I play games such as Css, Hl2, Need for speed most wanted. I just want a card to handle these games with nice eye candy but i live in the uk so finding a cheap seller is hard, i prefer a us store that ships to uk because i allways find us are about £40 cheaper than uk. I would really like recommendations and links. thanks.

P.S My current mobo only supports AGP and i cannot upgrade it atm.
    Abehep

Re: Need graphics card suggestions

hmmm... not sure on the price of it, but how about an ATI X800 or X850
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
      hmmm... not sure on the price of it, but how about an ATI X800 or X850
      That would be my exact suggestion as well. There should be some good deals out there on those.
      sigpic

Comment

X800XT, AGP

This card will be very fast. I'm not sure if newegg ships across the pond, but you should be able to find comparable prices with other retailers. This specific card in an OEM version, which means it won't include any cables or drivers. The cables could possibly be an issue if you have an older PSU (as in, 3 years old), but I'm not positive on this. Just get the drivers off the internet.

:)

Edit:

X850XTPE for $289

This is the retail package, so it'll include all necessary cables, drivers, etc. You should be fine with an OEM, non-cable-including package, but if you want to be safe this would work.

Then again, at that price, you could just get a 7800GS.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

The lowest I would go with in your situation would be a 6600GT which can be had for around $125US. It's what I currently use, and it works great for hl2 and similar level games.
          Would suggest something bigger, like the 6800GS which can be had for closer to $200US.
          For maximum bang for your buck, 7800GS or one of the ATI cards mentioned by others, Though personally I dislike ATI cards becuase they're drivers are still a pain (and I use Nforce motherboards.) But it's more a matter of personal preference than anything.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I wish i could buy from newegg, but i cant as they dont ship to uk ;(
            Abehep

Comment

Tax on uk purchases kills your budget also, whats possible on newegg probably isnt quite as good a deal here.

edit: typo
              Last edited by Limenote; 03-11-2006, 07:25 PM.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Try this deal for size and they ship fast. I ordered and got it sent the same day
                http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...ategory_id=257

Comment

Just g the only problem is its pci-e :( Anyways thanks for all your help guys but i've now ordered a 6600GT that comes with a free game :).
                  Abehep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X