Crappy FPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy FPS

I play WOW, and noticed that when in areas of many people (30+) i get terrible FPS, 10-15fps to be exact, i ran 3dmark06 and have a score of 1794, that is really bad, because during the test, my FPS did not break 8FPS, i woulda thought my system could handle more than that, but i guess not =(

GFX= ATI X1600Pro 512MB
    CPU= AMD 64bit 3000+ @ 1800mhz (oc to 2400 with heat not exceding 49*C
    did test with OC and non OC, and the OC was better, non-OC was 1711
    MB= ASUS A8V Deluxe
    RAM= 2x512

every driver i can think of is up to date
    i am 90% sure i am gonna go buy new cpu and ram : amd 4600+ dual core and 2x1gb corsair 3200 400mhz LL but before that upgrade, what should i do?
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Crappy FPS

Hey Chair,

Save your money and buy a new video card...Most if not all of your problems will go away. Simple as that. The ATI 1600 cards have 128 bit memory bus..Not good for gaming. Either step up to a higher rated ATI card or try an Nvidia card. nVidia just released their new 7900 and 7600 cards...both look to be very good.

See here: http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=891

Good Luck.

Chappie

Comment

Originally posted by ATI website
      Experience state-of-the-art graphics technology and enjoy unparalleled gaming with the most advanced 3D performance technology including a new ultra-threaded 3D architecture, a 256-bit ring-bus memory controller, support for up to 512 MB RAM and Shader Model 3.0 done right. All delivered using the most advance 90 nanometer GPU process.
      note the 256-bit part of that
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Chair that is the ring-bus memory controller, but the actual memory is a 128-bit memory interface which will bring down the throughput for the bandwith.

Originally posted by ATI Website
        Specifications

Features

* 157 million transistors on 90nm fabrication process
        * Dual-link DVI
        * Twelve pixel shader processors
        * Five vertex shader processors
        * 128-bit 4-channel DDR/DDR2/GDDR3 memory interface
        -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Yes,

What KillerTarget said...that video card is dragging your performance way down my friend. If your an ATI fan, they are supposed to be releasing a X1800GTO card sometime soon I believe..If not then go with what's available now.

Originally posted by KillerTarget
          Chair that is the ring-bus memory controller, but the actual memory is a 128-bit memory interface which will bring down the throughput for the bandwith.

[/b]
          Good luck,

Chappie

Comment

crap