win 98 tweaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win 98 tweaking

Was looking for some advice on tweaking my gaming, I've got win 98 with the geforce 4 ti4200. The game always ran great and i had some problems with my pc and had to reload everything and ever since i did that my ghost recon game stutters, it used to run smooth as silk before. any ideas would be apppreciated, thanks

might be best to post this up in the hardware forum you'll probably get a better response there:)

Comment

Moved from GR General to Hardware/Software.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Win98....Isn't it 2004???

Comment

In the past 5 days, I've also had my girlfriends 98se machine suddenly stop with a "Page fault" error. Playing game then suddenly "whack" the blue screenie'o'death, uninstalled and reinstalled software and checked every troubleshooting list I could find all weekend to no avail. While unemployed it looks like weekend gaming is over for awhile.
          "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

Re: win 98 tweaking

Originally posted by tacoma63
            Was looking for some advice on tweaking my gaming, I've got win 98 with the geforce 4 ti4200. The game always ran great and i had some problems with my pc and had to reload everything and ever since i did that my ghost recon game stutters, it used to run smooth as silk before. any ideas would be apppreciated, thanks
            I'm definitely not the most technically qualified to answer your question, but some things that worked for me before are:

reset bios to default settings
            update drivers (sorry had to say it)
            get XP!
            New to TG?

Comment

maybe the latest win98 patches are designed to create poor gaming performance (i.e. get people to update to the newest OS out there) :P

Comment

format C: /u
                From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                  Seriously... If you haven't reformatted and reinstalled in over a year, you seriously might think about doing exactly that. MS recommends it and so do I (if you're having OS problems). Although, come to think of it... I've been over two years without a reinstall now...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

my problem is like this

3 years ago, i had to reinstall windows 98me every 6-8months, this ment i knew what i was doing, and all the tweaks off the top of my head...

Now, fast forward to the present, and i reinstall XP about once every 1.5 years (normaly massive system upgrade forces me to do so)....now, i cant remember HOW to get XP the way it was 2 months ago on my first ever install of it...arrg ;)
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                      Unconditional Format baby!

Comment

Re: win 98 tweaking

Originally posted by tacoma63
                        The game always ran great and i had some problems with my pc and had to reload everything...
                        Although, I think he just reformatted if I interpret his post correctly. Tacoma might be looking for tweaks that previously had GR running smoothly.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've been over two years without a reinstall now...

now you've done it cing... you've angered the .dll gods.. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X