No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALY!!!!!

woohoo... i finaly got the guts to install my watercooling gear in my A64!

Id found a way of using an A64 hold down device for my Socket A waterblocks and it works great, i couldnt use my best block (ocpc atlantis) due to it being too high for the lengh screws i had, so instead i used a Maze2-1 i had lying around. Anyway:

quality use of boxes id say ;)

Note the hold down is upsidedown, and is used to push the waterblock down onto the cpu. It was rather hard to attach this way. Hope to get a real A64 block soon, or a better way of attaching a waterblock...

CPU temp 32c
    Sys temp 32c
    room temp 22

rather messy id say...infact, i might remove it right now... although its alot better than my Barton setup i had before.

Another Question is why?
    Why watercool when my A64 rig hits a brick wall at 210fsb?
    Why watercool it when the standard cooler cools it to 40c?

back to air i guess, untill some overclockable A64 boards come out :o :(

I wish the UK had some good A64 coolers... :(
    From Adam Webb

one thing i found out, was most peoples AMD A65 coolers have had copper bases....mine isnt...

another thing... i cant take bloody pictures, i took like 8 pics of the CPU so i remember the codes on it and all of them are blury! lol

ive added a 120mm system fan again, because i got up this morning and the temps was:

CPU: 34
    sys: 42 :o

its now

sys: 28

From Adam Webb

You obviously have far too much time on your hands....

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

no... hence i was doing that till 6 am in the morning

From Adam Webb

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed