Quad SLi next week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad SLi next week

The 7900GX2 will be out next week. Basically two 7900GTX on one board. The cost will be a whooping 1,000 USD and I doubt you will find it at that price.

On a side note I find this the dumbest thing EVER. This is where even I draw the line on my computer hardware. (Unless I win the lottery. :icon_cool )
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Quad SLi next week

Alienware also has a ALX system with Quad SLI, I configured one a couple of days ago that had 4 32 or 30 inch LCD screens with HDCP, a HDCP ready 32 inch TV and a projector and a few other things for about 31 grand.
    -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Ouch!
      People like to give me a hard time for the upgrades I do (going to install my newly arrived second BFG 7900GTX OC 512 tonight) but I don't think I'll be touching one of those.

Interesting stuff going on in the vid card department these days.
      Scoop likes advancing technology! :)

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

I cant quiet understand the need for so many Gfx cards..... a single 7900gtx is CPU limited...... "norm" SLI doesnt see much improvement AT ALL (unless you can find a 3000mhz A64) and quad is surely just a waste of bloody money!
        From Adam Webb

Comment

^^^^tell me about it. I really hope ATI doesn't make something this stupid.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

they already have ;)

well some companies have made samples of dual GPU cards, that will probably work in the RD580 Motherboard as 4 GPU's.......
            From Adam Webb

Comment

People drop $80,000 on a Dodge Viper that they'll never be able to use properly. I don't see the problem with spending $2500 on a gaming computer.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

^^^^^I love the idea of Quad SLi. (Well Quadfire I prefer ATI cards. Mainly because I am a hardware nut at this point.) However it's just not worth it. Mainly because the PC market moves so fast. Hell these cards don't even support DirectX 10.

Spending 2000 dollars on a pair of cards that won't be able to do Shader Model 4.0 doesn't seem smart.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
                  People drop $80,000 on a Dodge Viper that they'll never be able to use properly. I don't see the problem with spending $2500 on a gaming computer.
                  the difference is, they can learn to... if a CPU limited gfx card gets 250fps, having 4 CPU limited graphics cards is going to get you...... 250fps.......hardly worth it

infact due to overheads they might even be slower!!!
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

Intel and AMD really need to get moving on processor development. Hopefully things will improve though. Especailly now that Intel sees AMD as a viable threat.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I'll admit it sounds interesting because I'm learning about all this new hardware stuff, but I think it's a waste of $$ except for bragging rights. I'm running 7800gt's x2 and that's about where I draw the line. I wouldn't even spring for gtx at the time because I just didn't think it was worth it.
                      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
                        Yeah, but this is more like buying racing tires for your Pinto... Sure, they're certainly better than a cheap set of tires, but a Pinto just can't use high end tires to the best of their ability.

Likewise, putting uber-vidcards in your system will certainly be better than onboard video, but until other bottlenecks are eliminated, you're just not going to be able to use them for much more than what a good quality single graphics card can handle...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by B. Clawhammer
                          I'll admit it sounds interesting because I'm learning about all this new hardware stuff, but I think it's a waste of $$ except for bragging rights. I'm running 7800gt's x2 and that's about where I draw the line. I wouldn't even spring for gtx at the time because I just didn't think it was worth it.
                          I go one farther and don't even bother with SLI or Crossfire period. One 7800GT is expensive enough :).

---

Comment

^^^^^^There is a point for it though. Well if you have a 30in Dell LCD.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

If you have the money, why not? It's an option that's all.

And for those people running the new Dell 30" it may be a viable, although expensive, option.

You will see this picked up in the workstation market heavily though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X