Vista has been pushed back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista has been pushed back

Vista has official been delayed to January of 07. I hope this is the last delay. I really want to build a new computer. :icon_cool
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Vista has been pushed back

I'm not buying vista till at least summer '07. That way it'll be out of the public beta they call a realease :)
    Last edited by Steel_Penguin; 03-21-2006, 11:12 PM.

---

Comment

Are you kidding, that screws up my upgradeing plans. Suck!
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

On my backup harddrive, I have 15 linux and BSD partitions. Ubuntu Dapper has been pushed 6 weeks. *shrugs* Guess my upgrade plan is all set.

Comment

Son of a microsoft *to many explitives to type or they are slurred*, now I understand why open source stuff is better. With Microsoft they release something once every couple of years and then have the patches, while open source projects like Fedora or Ubuntu release something new once a year or so (ubuntu is every 6 months and I know it just got delayed). When you hear something from microsoft is delayed you make this big up cry because it is the thing to be getting, but when an open source project is delayed you roll with the punches because if you want it enough you just go and compile the source yourself. My little rant about microsoft and delays.

Not saying I won't be upgrading because I will. Just now to save the money to upgrade all of my XP licenses up to the highest Vista license.
          -BB|KillerTarget

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
            Are you kidding, that screws up my upgradeing plans. Suck!
            Why are you guys waiting for a O/S to upgrade your hardware?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

direct X 10a. Hey im all for upgradeing to all linux as long as i can game.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
                Why are you guys waiting for a O/S to upgrade your hardware?
                because vista changes everything

Vista will need DirectX10 cards to perform properly
                Vista will need 2gig ram to perform properly
                Vista uses huge page files, huge memory caching, and even uses your graphics card in a standard windows environment

So basically EVERYTHING will have to be new, to make Vista work properly :(
                From Adam Webb

Comment

exactly what he said. Just think of this from the manufacturing stand point, M$ made it clear that "everyone" will be using Vista when its released so all the parts need to be able to run it and built like they say. Now Graphics cards that where slated to be released this summer might be pushed back, but then again no becuase i guess final beta will be released in july?..All the hardware and software that is being built specifically will be basically useless.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

My bro is gonna customize our family computer for Vista, and hes saying that we'll have 2 vid cards working together that arent top of the line, but will not only be cheaper but better than one top of the line card. Still, buying a new computer because MS is a money whore isnt fun.

Comment

^^^^SLi? What resolution do you play at?
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

MS is not a "money whore." They pushed it back to work on security. If they had released it when we all wanted, you'd all be getting mad at the bugs in Vista.

I'm unhappy too, though. I guess I'll hold off upgrading this Radeon 9600 for a while longer, then. Oh well.

Comment

^^^^How does Oblivion run?
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

It runs pretty badly but it still looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                              because vista changes everything

Vista will need DirectX10 cards to perform properly
                              Vista will need 2gig ram to perform properly
                              Vista uses huge page files, huge memory caching, and even uses your graphics card in a standard windows environment

So basically EVERYTHING will have to be new, to make Vista work properly :(

I did not realize that, thanks. I guess you could upgrade everything except for your video card, seeing as you are aware of the other system requirements etc.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X