Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon64=free WindowsXP64

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/downloads/upgrade.asp

Welcome! If you have a 64-bit ready PC, you now have the option to receive trial software for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems via CD or download. Read below about the different options for obtaining the pre-release software, and then use the links on the right to register to order the CD Kit or download product files. Please note that in either case, the pre-release software is time-limited and will expire in 360 days.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

already downloaded...finding a spare HDD now :D

only problem is, ATI are NOT releasing drivers for it, untill it becomes retail...so ive heard. So you get the "standard" windows ones i think and thats it...Nvidia already have 64bit drivers :(
    From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
      only problem is, ATI are NOT releasing drivers for it, untill it becomes retail...so ive heard. So you get the "standard" windows ones i think and thats it...Nvidia already have 64bit drivers :(
      Aha!!! You know what that means! The tides are turning again! Nvidia rules, ATI drools! or something...
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

how can u tell if u have a 64mbit?

Comment

errr

if you have an Athlon 64 CPU, AMD FX51 or Opteron CPU....which i doubt you have since its just been released and surely you'd know already.

I just installed this on a spare HDD and i must say im impressed... the last "beta" MS OS i tried failed really badly i think it was Win98 beta or something.

This thing boots so fast my TFT doesnt show anything as its still "warming up" the pixels....

Couple of things though...
          1: cant do much atm, ive unplugged my other HDD's just incase it currupted them.

2: No creative sound drivers, although my onboard sound IS supported

3: No ATI support for WinXP 64bit yet... the standard ones suck (50-70% slower)

4: no themes with this version (although you can crack it aparently)

5: Need something to tests this... UT2004 demo should have a 64bit version so ive heard...cant wait. Now if only ATI pulled there finger out... funny huh, Nvidia have new drivers out already...grrr
          From Adam Webb

Comment

[05:15] <Overlag> 2os[Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1, v.1069 (5.2 - 3790)]uptime[37m 10s]cpu[1-AMD 64 , 2100MHz]mem[Usage: 225/511MB (44.03%)*[||||------]]

;)
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Bah...64 bit is pointless until around 2006. :P

Comment

ok MrIntel ;)
                From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                  ok MrIntel ;)
                  I bear zero allegiance to any company. I simply go with what is the best at the time of purchase...You know that... ;)

Still waiting for Socket 939 and the 2nd Generation of Athlon 64 motherboards. I never jump on an initial release product.

Comment

true... and i knew that ;)
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

How do 32bit apps run on this new OS, Adam? Are they every bit as fast as running them on a 32bit OS using the same hardware?
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

dunno...... its a bit hard for me to change HDD's around with all these pipes and stuff... Ive yet to run WinXP 64bit with my other 2 "main" drives plugged in....

plus, theres no creative sound support and ATI's default Win drivers suck ASS...and they wont release any others till WinXP 64 hits the shelves.

not to mention i have little time to mess with it atm
                        From Adam Webb

Comment

oh i forgot to say, im not sure if thers a 64bit driver for my promise controler.... and I installed WinXP 64 on a maxtor harddrive that doesnt like WD drives as slaves........
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X