Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physics Cards are out?/PPU info.

http://www.firingsquad.com/features/...ss_conference/

Dell and Alienware are already offering it on certain systems. Also in May ASUS and BFG will be releasing cards.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: PPU info.

I forgot to mention that the Dell Renegade XPS has been released. Very close ot the 10k mark.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

wow... i couldnt find a price on the quad-sli cards, but im sure u could build that for less =0
      i was looking at the dell site for this comp, and i dont see anywhere that there is a monitor... so that is extra too
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Yes it does seem to come with it.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Looks like Nvidia wants a slice of the physics pie too.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_30478.html

Comment

The idea of spending FPS on physics doesn't appeal to me. Then again a whole new card doesn't either but I will buy it if it comes out.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

You're not going to spend FPS on physics. It's the opposite. As it stands no game uses SLi to the full potential; you hit the ceiling with your processor much sooner. By taking the physics processing off the CPU and onto the GPU, your proc can crunch the other numbers easier and your FPS goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                You're not going to spend FPS on physics. It's the opposite. As it stands no game uses SLi to the full potential; you hit the ceiling with your processor much sooner. By taking the physics processing off the CPU and onto the GPU, your proc can crunch the other numbers easier and your FPS goes up.
                exactly....

Also it is upto the main user. In the driver "game profiles" you will have the option to use SLI for 3d, or disable SLI and use one card as the PPU...

so games that are cpu limited due to phyisics calculations, you can enable the PPU, and others, you can just use SLI the same was as before... total 3d... However as you said, most games are cpu limited, NOT 3d limited.
                From Adam Webb

Comment

The PPU is under heavy fire from not only Nvidia but ATI. ATI claims it does physics better then Nvidia.

Its the same as Nvidia only it can work on single cards and it also lets you use any ATI card that supports it (Currentyl the X1800 and X1900 series) in Crossfire for physics. So in my case I could use the next ATI card for 3d while my X1800XT deals with the physics.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I think ATi has the advantage here, since Crossfire doesn't require both cards be identical. You could buy a cheaper card (with the same number of pixel pipelines though) and delegate all the physics to that.

Of course this is all assuming you have that sort of money anyways :D

Comment

Physics Cards are out?/PPU info.

Check this out guys. A new age of games have come

http://gear.ign.com/articles/697/697450p1.html
                      Last edited by slugslinger; 03-24-2006, 10:06 PM.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                      Delta MICS
                      Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Re: Physics Cards are out?

Very cool. We are having a similar discussion here.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...-ppu-info.html

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarion
                          Very cool. We are having a similar discussion here.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...-ppu-info.html

damn i was lookin for a physics thread . PPU? oh thats wat they are called
                          Last edited by slugslinger; 03-24-2006, 10:08 PM.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                          Delta MICS
                          Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

^^^Yup. Physics Processing Unit.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I could not find any info on price. Has anyone seen this?

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X