Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO hard to find a good case and psu for uk! help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO hard to find a good case and psu for uk! help!

Hey again, I need a new power supply and case for my new hardware ! I have 100 to spend, in us this is exactly : $174, But i live in the uk so the hardware must come from somewhere like overlockers.co.uk or tigerdirect.com ( uk shipping ) P.s price must include shipping.

Ok so heres what im looking for, A silent case that presentable ( I REALLY like see-though cases :D ) and gotta last a while, as for the psu anything under 450W isnt really good enough but 450 is just right for me, if its higher then more the merrier, whos to complain? Standard ATX case aswell. It is quit important that the case be silent and cool at all times, I dont want anything like water cooling because i have no idea how to use it just some fans would be good.Thanks much help apreciated.
    Abehep

Re: SO hard to find a good case and psu for uk! help!

The Antec Sonata II or P150 should both be nice and quiet.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Antec_Cases.html

If you've decided that you like quiet stuff, then I know of no better site than http://www.silentpcreview.com/ and, in their deals section, they have a couple UK / EU vendor lists.

If you find a case you like w/o a PSU, and want a quiet PSU, then look at the Seasonic power supplies. The Seasonic S12 430W should suit you. Look around silentpcrewview for info about the Seasonic..
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
      Hey again, I need a new power supply and case for my new hardware ! I have 100 to spend, in us this is exactly : $174, But i live in the uk so the hardware must come from somewhere like overlockers.co.uk or tigerdirect.com ( uk shipping ) P.s price must include shipping.

Ok so heres what im looking for, A silent case that presentable ( I REALLY like see-though cases :D ) and gotta last a while, as for the psu anything under 450W isnt really good enough but 450 is just right for me, if its higher then more the merrier, whos to complain? Standard ATX case aswell. It is quit important that the case be silent and cool at all times, I dont want anything like water cooling because i have no idea how to use it just some fans would be good.Thanks much help apreciated.
      Im in the same position as you craigster, heres a few ive been looking at:

http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Raid...ming_Case.html

(I prefer black)

http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Aspire_Cases.html

Browse the cases on those 2 links and on that site, some nice stuff for cheap.

Question: WIll you be powering a high end card with the psu? Alot of case PSUs aren't much good as they dont provide enough amps on the 12V rail, if this is the case you may want to look at getting a seperate PSU.

Comment

I love my Sonata, best case I have ever owned.

Comment

I've got a sonata II and love it...

Comment

I have a Sonata and it's great. The Sonata II can only be better, eh?

Comment

Ok thanks, I THINK the antect sonata 11 is a great choice, but do overclockers.co.uk support paypal? i had a check ordering something and it doesnt seem that they do :(.
              Abehep

Comment

Ok so i've decided to go for this ( i allways like ebay :) ) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTEC-MIDI-CAS...QQcmdZViewItem any coments on it will be great! Thx.
                Abehep

Comment

You will not be disappointed, it's a great case that offers great cooling and the ability to make a good and quiet system ;)

Comment

theres loads of shops in the UK now with good ranges

www.scan.co.uk
                    www.cclonline.co.uk
                    www.tekheads.co.uk
                    www.lowestonweb.co.uk
                    www.dabs.co.uk
                    www.ebuyer.com
                    www.komplett.co.uk
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Ok thanks, I THINK the antect sonata 11 is a great choice, but do overclockers.co.uk support paypal? i had a check ordering something and it doesnt seem that they do :(.
                      why u paying by paypal?
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

because im 15 and i dont have a credit card only a Solo card , and i only know how to use paypal
                        =p.
                        Abehep

Comment

Not that I need to, but I will weigh in and say that the sonata's are great cases, even if they're only mid towers. (bloody mid-towers.....)
                          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X