Help with new Headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new Headset

Can anyone help me find a good headseat?

I am looking for a new good, reliable, possibly USB headseat for my computer...

The one I have now is like a 15$ headset I got with my Collectors edition of Guild Wars. I was hoping someone out there new about a good headset maybe between like 20-50 $ and one that the speakers wouldnt blow out within the first 2 months of use...

If anyone could possibly recommend one that would be great :) !!

Polinator

"Retired" Member of 1stMIP - I will remember you guys forever!!

Re: Help with new Headset...

I enjoy my Logitech something-350's. These are USB.

The only downside I've found is that the mute button is a bit easy to press accidentaly until you get used to it. Otherwise a nice set.

-Phil

Comment

Ditto what Phil said.

"Hey Cor, we can't hear you anymore..."

"Huh? Ah, Christ, I hit the mute button again..."

"Hey, welcome back!!"

Everything else is great, though. Pretty decent for listening to music, actually.

I think I paid around $30 with free shipping at Amazon. Saw them at Best Buy for around $50 the other day and had to chuckle...

Comment

I use an Altec lansing mic/headset. I wish I could remember the model no. but I'm drunk, and I've had this for at least 2 months now. It's not USB however, but I've had problems w/USB mics in the past (more than likely due to my build, I'm noob at building). I paid around $30-$40 for them, and I love them.
        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I've got a Plantronics DSP-500 and am quite pleased with it. I had to be talked into getting a USB headset, as I didn't think that they could sound as good as a decent analog headset and a good sound card. Glad I was talked into it. They're not audiophile quality at all, but they're excellent for gaming, movies and casual music listening...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            I've got a Plantronics DSP-500 and am quite pleased with it.
            Same here. I used to have a Logitech USB 350 but because I wear glasses I ran into the problem of ear soreness after wearing them for any length of time. Apophis has been having a similar problem.

I researched for a while and based upon great reviews and feedback I solicited from other TG members I decided on the DSP-500 and I've been EXTREMELY happy with it. No ear soreness at all even after several hours of play.

The audio quality is roughly the same if not a little better then the Logitech 350 and the mic quality is top-notch.

I would say both are pretty close, with a slight edge to the DSP-500, but for anyone who wears glasses I would highly recomment the DSP-500 over the 350. Looks like ZipZoomFly has the DSP-500 for $ 47.99 with free shipping.
            Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 03-31-2006, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
              Same here. I used to have a Logitech USB 350 but because I wear glasses I ran into the problem of ear soreness after wearing them for any length of time. Apophis has be having a similar problem.

I researched for a while and based upon great reviews and feedback I solicited from other TG members I decided on the DS-500 and I've been EXTREMELY happy with it. No ear soreness at all even after several hours of play.

The audio quality is roughly the same if not a little better then the Logitech 350 and the mic quality is top-notch.

I would say both are pretty close, with a slight edge to the DSP-500, but for anyone who wears glasses I would highly recomment the DSP-500 over the 350. Looks like ZipZoomFly has the DSP-500 for $ 47.99 with free shipping.
              Ive never wore glasses and the Logitech 350s hurt me after half an hour of play. Poorly designed for certain peoples ears, other people have no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                I've got a Plantronics DSP-500 and am quite pleased with it. I had to be talked into getting a USB headset, as I didn't think that they could sound as good as a decent analog headset and a good sound card. Glad I was talked into it. They're not audiophile quality at all, but they're excellent for gaming, movies and casual music listening...
                My experience is very similar...plus, they are comfortable with glasses for 4-6 hour gaming sessions. Can't ask for more than that!!!
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Re: Help with new Headset

What are yall's solutions for someone who doesn't want to wear a headset? I just want to listen to the sound thru my speakers, so I don't want ear muffs covering my ears.

I've tried:
                  1. Desktop mic-- sucks, I have to lean in to talk, and the sound quality sucks.
                  2. My bluetooth headset-- works GREAT, buut, interferes w/ my bluetooth mouse =(

I think I might try clipping a lavalier to my collar. If anyone doesn't know what that is, that's the kind of mic that someone being interviewed or a reporter would be wearing.

Comment

Re: Help with new Headset

Logitech Premium 350's, I love 'em!!

USB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed