Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next generation of video cards on the horizon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next generation of video cards on the horizon?

Does anyone know what the current expectation is? ATI just realeased R580, nVidia refreshed the 7800's with the 7900GTX & GT. . .

I'm looking at upgrading but will hold back if something hot is on the immidiate horizon.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Re: Next generation of video cards on the horizon?

Isnt every vid card gonna be outdated and unuseable once Vista comes out? If im correct, i dont see a point in wasting money on a vid card until Vista comes out.

Comment

I was thinking about that, but Vista shouldn't be out for another nine months or more right? - and I'll be looking at an entire system upgrade by then.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

So far they havent said the direct X10 cards will be pushed back. Which they where slated for release july something.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Thx. Will be upgrading now :)

Comment

Actaully another batch of ATI cards is being rumored. I am assuming it will be called the X1950 series. It will be a die shrink from 90nm to 80nm and maybe a speed boost.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I'm planning to save up some money to build a entirely brand new system when vista comes out and with a DX10 video card. But then I wake up and realize it was all a dream.

*sends off bills
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

ATI's R600 delayed.

Comment

Plan on fall for DX10 video cards -earlier for NV and a bit later for ATI according to the rumors.

And Vista will be just fine on DX9 video cards. Vista does have a DX9 version included. I wouldn't expect to many true DX10 video games to be out for at least a year after Vista releases since the installed user base for XP is not going anywhere for the most part.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X