Just wondering... gun cam...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering... gun cam...

You know how you can use a program like fraps to capture screenshots, well that works good for when you want a screen and you hit the key...

but I wonder if there is a way to program a "tactical gun cam", meaning when you pull the trigger (click the mouse) not only will you shoot your weapon but a screenshot will automatically be captured... so many times we get great casual screenshots, but rarely get a shot in the heat of battle.

How could you program a double action (shoot and capture) to a mouse click?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Just wondering... gun cam...

I bet you could do it if you used a macro for both the screen and the trigger. With the N52 speedpad you could do this easily in their software.

Button x=[Mouse1+PrintScrn]
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
      How could you program a double action (shoot and capture) to a mouse click?
      Make the FRAPs screenshot button the same as your fire button? Sounds too simple, must be something I'm missing.. If it did work, I'd bet that you'd want the ability to turn it off pretty quickly.. anything after that first shot is going to be lagged out.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

I tried, fraps don't let u use the mouse as a capture key.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Hehe, I knew it sounded to easy to be true!

Maybe another program, like GrabCaptureScreen would let you bind the mouse button to screen capture? According to another description (with broken download links) the capture button can be set to a mouse button. I use that program when I play games, but I've not tried doing this. Downside is that it can't record video.

Or, you'd have to figure out the binds system for each game and manually edit the fire button. Should be doable in Unreal based games (AA, RO), not so sure about others.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          | for | |

Comment

okaaaaaaaay so every time you click the mouse to fire your weapon, you get a 500ms system lag. Sounds great.
            -- Shroom
            I tried smoking mushrooms once. Couldn't keep the pizza lit.

Comment

Maybe you hero... not me with my extremely powerful system... I can record video with fraps without a hit for even the most demanding games like Lock On and Americas Army... and yes I'm bragging, since you jumped in to share your un-related, useless comment. ;)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Good thing you got rid of BF2, Magnum, or I'd ask for a full resolution video w/ all the settings on high. Let's hear ya brag then :icon_lol:
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                | for | |

Comment

Have been having limited sucess with http://www.growlersoftware.com/

Exactly what you want but not a very refined program and having some capture issues in some games. Was made to work in WW2OL.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X