Counter Strike Source Frame Rate issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter Strike Source Frame Rate issues

I've had problems with newly loaded maps on our servers causing my computer to chug when looking in a certain direction on a map. My frames will drop from around 100+ to less than 10 (ping and everything else stays the same) and will go back up after I look away from the direction that is causing the issue.

The problem has fixed itself once or twice during gameplay but this is out of a total of more than 200 times this bug has popped up. The problem is temporarily fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting. If I'm lucky, I'll make it through a whole round without the map beginning to stutter, although inevitably it does and almost always in the direction of the objective.

Incidentally, the problem seems to simmer down after the map has been in play for about 10 minutes or so. I have no idea what is causing the problem, it seems random and it's only when looking in certain directions on a map; and those directions change after I've reconnected. The biggest culprits (maps) are: kismayo, italy, spirits, ignorance, and militia_tm2 --almost every time the server loads these maps, I'm stuttering but the 2nd minute of every round. A few of the other maps have given me the same issue, although not nearly as bad.

This issue has survived through a reformat/reinstall of my windows partition.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Counter Strike Source Frame Rate issues

I blame root :D.

Anyways, so this just happens when you look, say, "south" on any map, even if you are looking into a wall? Or is it just some random spot on a map that makes you looks fps. If it was direction, i don't know what to say. If it survived a reformat, it has to be a hardware issue, but im not sure hardware can even do that.

Comment

Rince,

I had this problem ONCE on spirits. When i looked at a certain wall at Bombsite B it would slow down to about 10 fps. It was late at night so i just shut it down for the day. Next time I connected it didn't happen, and hasn't happened since

If it is a problem with rates, just try default rates. I thought I had read that with all the recent updates, the default rates should be best ( I could be wrong though).

One thing you could try is deleting the map file and re-downloading it. I would first try setting your rates back to default.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
        Or is it just some random spot on a map that makes you looks fps.

For me it was a certain texture on one hallway. But it only happened once.

Comment

Turn on +showbudget in the console when you see this happening. This will give you a display on the screen of FPS information. You can see where something may be maxing out and then we can go from there.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
            Anyways, so this just happens when you look, say, "south" on any map, even if you are looking into a wall?
            Yes. And it will change from re-load to re-load. I've run around on some maps (in spectator) to see if I can find where the crunch may be coming from to no avail. The only consistent area I've found is the APC's on Kismayo.

I will try +showbudget to see what I can glean.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

That almost sounds like a leak in the map or something. I would submit a ticket to Valve; they're very helpful about this kind of stuff.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X