looking for teamspeak profile for G15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for teamspeak profile for G15

Just picked up A g15 keyboard yesterday... looking for the utility/profile that shows who's talking on the LCD... anyone got a link to it?

I checked the other 2 page thread here in this forum on it... people mention it but never say where to get it. Tried the official site and TS site first too.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: looking for teamspeak profile for G15

Magnum,

There are two main G15 "community sites"...

http://www.g15forums.com/
    http://www.g15mods.com/

Between the two you should be able to find a link for the TS applet.

And to think, I don't even own a G15. :) I currently have a Saitek Eclipse but the G15 will probably be the next keyboard I buy.

P.S. For you G15 owners that play BF2, check out this thread...
    http://www.g15forums.com/forum/viewt...er=asc&start=0

Apparently there is now an applet for BF2 that shows server info, etc. Sounds cool...

Comment

thx, checked the mod site, wasn't there but forum site had it...I have the Saitek Eclipse also, but wanted the G15... will test it out and see, if a keeper then probably sell the Saitek cheap somewhere.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Let me know how you like it compared to the Eclipse. The LCD is cool but it doesn't really sway me one way or the other. I can live without it. What I've really liked about the Eclipse is the "feel and response" of the keys.

However, I'm dissappointed in the quality of the keys on the Eclipse because about half of the keys, especially the space bar, have the coating rubbing off in a big way. I've probably had the keyboard less then 9 months so I'm interested in whether other similar keyboards have the same problem.

I contacted Saitek and asked about purchasing replacement keys but all they have offered is to replace the entire keyboard, which is a nice offer except they don't ship a replacement until they receive your keyboard which would likely leave me with no keyboard for at least a week. It would really be nice if they could take a credit card # and send a replacement so you don't have any down time.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
          Let me know how you like it compared to the Eclipse. The LCD is cool but it doesn't really sway me one way or the other. I can live without it. What I've really liked about the Eclipse is the "feel and response" of the keys.

However, I'm dissappointed in the quality of the keys on the Eclipse because about half of the keys, especially the space bar, have the coating rubbing off in a big way. I've probably had the keyboard less then 9 months so I'm interested in whether other similar keyboards have the same problem.

I contacted Saitek and asked about purchasing replacement keys but all they have offered is to replace the entire keyboard, which is a nice offer except they don't ship a replacement until they receive your keyboard which would likely leave me with no keyboard for at least a week. It would really be nice if they could take a credit card # and send a replacement so you don't have any down time.
          Some people have been reporting that the G15 has the same problem with the paint rubbing off the keys. There was a screenshot in g15forums.com and the time range is a month to several months. Someone posted an image of his keyboard paint state.

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image0136qe.jpg
          http://www.g15forums.com/forum/viewt...paint&start=60

It's not a great pic but you can see how the D key has worn out so much that it's illegible. Logitech will exchange the keyboard but I don't know if the new one will have the same problem or if they will ship first. Some have reported that the replacement is different. The paint looks the same but the LCD is different. It's unknown what kind of changes this new version has.

Another thread about it: http://www.g15forums.com/forum/viewt...ighlight=paint

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
            Some people have been reporting that the G15 has the same problem with the paint rubbing off the keys. There was a screenshot in g15forums.com and the time range is a month to several months. Someone posted an image of his keyboard paint state.
            That's quite similar to what I'm seeing. The space bar should just have a short horizontal line that the light shows through and on the middle of mine there is a fairly large 'smudge' where it shines through.

It's strictly a visual thing, everything works great. I just hate having a nice looking keyboard that looks crappy in places because the paint has rubbed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
              thx, checked the mod site, wasn't there but forum site had it...I have the Saitek Eclipse also, but wanted the G15... will test it out and see, if a keeper then probably sell the Saitek cheap somewhere.
              If/when you decide to let one go, I hope you post it in the buy/sell/trade forum! And, more importantly, I hope that I'm the first one to respond! I've been thinking about getting a new keyboard for a while, but just haven't been displeased enough with my basic Logitech.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X