• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLSW question

I have the rcon password for the following TG servers :

PCS
    DoD
    Dystopia

I receive the log for the PCS server in HLSW, and I have a logaddress line in server.cfg on the box. > 90% of the time, I have to hit the "get log" button, despite the log being streamed to my IP address.

I receive the log for the DoD server in HLSW, but I don't have a logaddress line in server.cfg on the box. 100% of the time, I don't have to hit the "get log" button, despite NOT having the log streamed to my IP address.

I can't receive the log for the Dystopia server in HLSW, despite having a logaddress line in server.cfg on the box. Hitting "get log" does nothing.

Anyone able to help?
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: HLSW question

You have the port forwarded in your router's firewall which is designated in your HLSW's Misc settings (PCS/DYS)?

Does the DoD server call another .cfg file in which the logaddress_add for your IP is executed, perhaps?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      You have the port forwarded in your router's firewall which is designated in your HLSW's Misc settings (PCS/DYS)?

Does the DoD server call another .cfg file in which the logaddress_add for your IP is executed, perhaps?
      I have the port forwarded.

I've never given RandomGuy my IP, so to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a logaddress_add line anywhere on the DoD server for me.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Don't assume. Verify.

Use HLSW to RCON the following command on the DoD server. Do you see your IP?

logaddress_list

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Handy command :)

There's only 1 entry for DoD, and it's not me.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I don't know any method other than logaddress or "Get Log" which results in a server log being streamed to HLSW. I can't explain the DoD server.

You've verified that you're not logaddressed for DYS?

I also can't explain the PCS server's inconsistency.

Make sure you don't have two instances of HLSW running (check for zombie processes), as that might screw with the port binding).

Comment

You've verified that you're not logaddressed for DYS?
              I have, and I'm not

Make sure you don't have two instances of HLSW running (check for zombie processes), as that might screw with the port binding).
              Also checked. Just the one instance running. I can execute commands on the Dystopia server via HLSW, and I can see a list of players, but I can't view the log or get steam ID's from the player list.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

HLSW has just released .49, which may solve your problem? I don't know, but you can try it:

The new HLSW version 1.0.0.49 fixes a log receiption bug that occured increased since steam update on 9th march. In fact this problem hat nothing to do with valve. It could be traced back to a bug in HLSW that kept undetected since the first implementation of Half-Life 2 rcon protocol in HLSW. A long time it could not be reproduced by the coder and therefore not fixed.

Additionally a bug related with the ban reload button has beed fixed, on Half-Life the usage of logaddress_add has been added and the addon list has been updated again.

Comment

That new version did the trick - thanks Wyz!
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

oooo, those are some nice fixes for HLSW, thanks for the heads up.
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X